Back to the Future Marty McFly Denim Jacket and Vest

Sorry to hear! But, I'm sure with the real jacket patterns, it's gonna be one amazing jacket! :thumbsup

Well its more of a good thing that it will be a completely new jacket. It will hold up longer than this 30 year old jacket lol. Plus it will look cleaner and I won't have to mess with fading and dying it. It was a better decision.

When I go home on leave I will go to mylpcal Joanne's fabric store and get all the denim and other materials for the jacket and vest.

Last edited:
I used to have a very similar jacket. That was too big for me, so I just let it go though. I still had a picture in my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6,037
Last edited:
Its really tough to find the right color denim fabric. If I don't find it at my local fabric store then I will have to cancel the project.

Any updates on this? This is awesome! And where the hell did you get that class-5 jacket!!! Man - one day I hope to score one in a small.... one day.

Any updates on this? This is awesome! And where the hell did you get that class-5 jacket!!! Man - one day I hope to score one in a small.... one day.

I just got home on leave so some time durring my visit i will try to aquire the right fabrics. And the jackets aren't class 5. That's the brand of the vest. I don't have it. Those are just pictures I found.

So I kind of gave up on my quest for the Class-5 vest and just bought the updated vest from Indy Magnoli. I will still try to finish my denim jacket, but I will probably sell it, as the one I want to keep will from Indy as well. I only have the vest ordered so far. Gotta save up for the jacket.
mag-vest-color_zps1me7eb0c.jpg

This is a prototype shot from indy. I Do not have the vest yet.

Last edited:
Found this gem - a Guess Marciano 'Gasoline' jean jacket - on eBay BIN for only $20! Just arrived in the mail yesterday and not only does it fit great but it looks great with the rest of my pieces (I own the rereleased Shah Safari shirt, red & white Nike Bruins and other screen accurate pieces).

Obviously it's not screen accurate but for the style and the color scheme, it's the closest I've been able to find. Looks far better than a lot of the reproduction jackets. Now just to add the paisley lining for the rolled up sleeves!

IMG_4023.JPGIMG_4024.JPGIMG_4027.JPGIMG_4028.jpg

I've had some medium blue jeans for like 6 years or so that naturally faded over that time period, they finally fell apart at the back seam recentlt. I turned em inside out and the inside color of them is now a greyish and almost the same grey as the Guess jacket's color. Maybe acid washing a swatch of medium blue denim and flipping it over (using the inside as the outside) can give us a close match to the grey sections

I've had some medium blue jeans for like 6 years or so that naturally faded over that time period, they finally fell apart at the back seam recentlt. I turned em inside out and the inside color of them is now a greyish and almost the same grey as the Guess jacket's color. Maybe acid washing a swatch of medium blue denim and flipping it over (using the inside as the outside) can give us a close match to the grey sections

I have a guess jacket that has the bluish grey color. A lot of Guess jackets have it.

I contacted Magnoli asking if I could send him some original Guess pockets in the correct color of mine to use on my jacket when I finally order it. He gladly agreed. Just to add a little authenticity. Lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back