WIP - Arkham Knight model for Pepakura

Changes have been completed and the second round test build should begin tonight. Checked and double checked the tabs and individual parts... feeling confident that this is now ready... he says while holding thumbs (lol)

uploadfromtaptalk1412245690024.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I have a question? Looks amazing but in the pictures from the game the eyes are straight across. but on the pep file it looks as if they angle down to the middle?
Still Amazing can't wait to build it.
Mark

I have a question? Looks amazing but in the pictures from the game the eyes are straight across. but on the pep file it looks as if they angle down to the middle?
Still Amazing can't wait to build it.
Mark

Thanks Mark, Yeah I know... the eyes have been one of the things that have changed a few times during this project. I initially started with the straight across look...

uploadfromtaptalk1412480887105.jpg

Then I came across this reference pic and saw that the eyes appear to be the other way round...

uploadfromtaptalk1412480993699.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1412481073986.jpg

I then went back to the original straight across concept because every other reference pic I could find seemed to show that as being correct.

uploadfromtaptalk1412481475127.jpg

And then with the test build, I realised that with the eyes being positioned the way they are, one would have to have the visual skills of a chameleon in order to see. So I ended up trying to broaden the eyes to have a bit more visibility for whoever's wearing the helmet. And from the current test build, it still looks like it's still going to be a mission to see.

uploadfromtaptalk1412482684305.jpg

The test build has gone relatively smooth... but I did pick up one fairly small issue. At the point where the jaw and lower ear meet, I've again done something wrong in Blender.
uploadfromtaptalk1412492110781.jpg

I say fairly small issue because its a simple fix... without having to rework the file ( at this stage). And the problem area is hidden between the jaw and lower ear.

uploadfromtaptalk1412492373851.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1412492393101.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1412492410627.jpg

I'm going to cut the panel as per the red line, leaving a small tab area to attach the two panels. And continue on my merry build.... see how far I get.

Finally... the helmet is done, oddly enough the flaw I pointed out in the previous post is only on the one side... which is weird as I had used a mirror modifier in Blender, so what you do to the one side should be mirrored on the other... will check it later.

uploadfromtaptalk1412523179553.jpg

Just busy finishing up the ears, which shouldn't take too long.

That looks AMAZING!!! That flaw like you said is minor. I've noticed things like that on other models as well but is really nothing to fix at all. Keep up the great work..

That looks AMAZING!!! That flaw like you said is minor. I've noticed things like that on other models as well but is really nothing to fix at all. Keep up the great work..

Thanks... just done with the ears, I'm fairly happy with the end result.

uploadfromtaptalk1412532822142.jpg

this batman cowl is by far my favorite,amzing work dude, i am busy making a ironbat costume and this would be amazing, are you relising the pep files by any chance?

this batman cowl is by far my favorite,amzing work dude, i am busy making a ironbat costume and this would be amazing, are you relising the pep files by any chance?

Thanks Langaz... yes the file will be available, I just want to see if I can iron out the one little issue I had with the test build... I'll then post the link for the file on the first post of this thread.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back