WIP - Arkham Knight model for Pepakura

yea, my problem is i go balls deep when i dig something. every quarter i try to learn a new medium, last was plastic to mold. Made Thranduil's crown from the hobbit. I need to check some videos out on Pepakura though, def. thanks bud

hey bandiet did you ever finish the hand plates?
Hey bud, yeah they were actually done some time ago, but to be honest, until you mentioned them, I honestly forgot about them lol... I'm out of town this week, so I'll try make a plan to get them uploaded by next weekend...

Glad to hear you're going strong and back at work.[emoji106]
hey bandiet did you ever finish the hand plates?

Hey bud, yeah they were actually done some time ago, but to be honest, until you mentioned them, I honestly forgot about them lol... I'm out of town this week, so I'll try make a plan to get them uploaded by next weekend...

Glad to hear you're going strong and back at work.[emoji106]
thanks buddy, its been hard work getting movement back in the finger but as the swelling decreases my movement increases, hyper-sensitivity is reduced to bearable levels so just happy to be back at work. also hoping to actually get started on building these files :D just need to get a printer now :(

Did you ever play with that V2 helmet yet? Completely not an issue since we have the first one that is famous!!!!

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

Nice Job Bandiet :thumbsup
Thanks bud, still got a lot to learn though...

Did you ever play with that V2 helmet yet? Completely not an issue since we have the first one that is famous!!!!

Haha, thanks Durkness, I had gotten it to a point where there were two models, the initial v2 was 3d print orientated ( purely for learning ) and obviously had way more detail. The second v2 model was the one I intend to release as a paper / foam file... but in reverse modeling the initial model, I messed the file up a bit, there is'nt a hell of a lot to be cleaned up, but unfortunately my focus has not been on the modeling side of things for the last two months.

I will however be having a ton of extra time on my hands from the end of next week so I intend diving back into the v2 helmet full force around that time....

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

ive started building finally, today i got the chest cut and glued, is it me or does it seem a little short to those of you who have built this? i have the width perfect but it seems like it needs to be taller, maybe its just because im tall? i'm using google images for reference, is there a way to adjust the height dimension without the others changing?

ive started building finally, today i got the chest cut and glued, is it me or does it seem a little short to those of you who have built this? i have the width perfect but it seems like it needs to be taller, maybe its just because im tall? i'm using google images for reference, is there a way to adjust the height dimension without the others changing?
I dont think its just you bud... I saw some pics on the FB page which got me thinking the same thing, the biceps also dont look right to me. The back and gauntlets seem ok, I havent seen any of the shin guards yet...

I'll be able to look into it a little later this week, maybe just stretch out the chest plate top to bottom and bulk up the biceps a bit.

Lesson learnt, next time I'll use an underlying model of a man to scale the individual models correctly, instead of just drumming away at each part...

I dont think its just you bud... I saw some pics on the FB page which got me thinking the same thing, the biceps also dont look right to me. The back and gauntlets seem ok, I havent seen any of the shin guards yet...

I'll be able to look into it a little later this week, maybe just stretch out the chest plate top to bottom and bulk up the biceps a bit.

Lesson learnt, next time I'll use an underlying model of a man to scale the individual models correctly, instead of just drumming away at each part...

some shots ive seen of the biceps show the armour on the inside of the arm also arkhamknight6.jpg

I may be mistaken but when I printed the gauntlets, left and right, I got the same one twice. Did I do something wrong?
And I dont see the hand plates either.
BTW, love this. Thanx for doing it.

Last edited:
I may be mistaken but when I printed the gauntlets, left and right, I got the same one twice. Did I do something wrong?
Hey bud, you're not mistaken, it was an error on my part, sorry about that. You'll need to invert one of the files in pepakura. Hand plates will be available shortly... Let me know if you need help with the gauntlets...

so far i have built and glassed the chest, built and resin the back and halfway through the left gauntlet.20150328_232727.jpg20150415_220559.jpgi'll post pics of the gauntlet when done but needless to say its the hardest thing ive ever built

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else pepped any of these files yet? Ive seen a couple of 3D printed versions but none in paper, surely im not the only one.

There have been a few that were done on the facebook group, not a lot though... most guys are opting for the foam route. Great work by the way, gonna be great to see this done...

The back and chest are pretty easy to pep, the gauntlet on the other hand has driven me insane, then I realised half way turough that its way too small so uave to rescale it and start again, but due to the impossibly small parts I may decide to get them 3D printed instead. Will be ldoing everthing else first and leave them until last then decide what to do.
Also still looking for a seamstress/ tailor to put the jacket together for me.

Hello Bandiet im new here. First of all this work is amazing. I will attemtp to make the helmet as my first ever pep project. I was wondering if you or any other member be kind enought to share any experience with Carbon Fiber Skinning/Wrapping Kits. As I will attempt to do it on this helmet. Any info will be great.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back