WIP - Arkham Knight model for Pepakura

So pretty much down to the last fine tuning before pep unfold. The eyes have been changed as per the attached concept art... uploadfromtaptalk1410097918798.jpg
The ears have been tucked in and I've cleaned up the curve at the top end. For those that use Blender, please feel free to send me an link for a decent Curve modifier tutorial... I watched a few tutorials, but eventually opted to do the curve manually out of frustration.
uploadfromtaptalk1410098117473.jpg
The top end of the head is still looking a bit off, but better none the less. I'll tackle that in about 5 hours time along with the adjustments to the jaw.
uploadfromtaptalk1410098388819.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Looks GREAT!! Will the "ears" be seperate so you can build the helmet then possibly build the "ears" out of something a little more rigid that card stock?

Looks bloody awesome :thumbsup

Thanks Fawbish... some sections are giving me a hard time ( ie : Top of the head and the section of the jaw just below the ears ) , but I'm really pleased with how it's turning out so far. How's your project coming along?

Looks GREAT!! Will the "ears" be seperate so you can build the helmet then possibly build the "ears" out of something a little more rigid that card stock?

Thanks... I've modelled the head, ears and jaw section separately at this stage. I'll probably just join the jaw to the head section so that there's a sort of guide line as to where to position the ears at the base.

Could help but notice you're thread here. I posted a pic on another Arkham Knight thread a bit back with a back shot of AK...http://www.therpf.com/f77/arkham-knight-pepakura-217501/index2.html
One detail I noticed from the back shot is that the "ears" have an edge effect to them.

Thanks RevolverOcelot... I missed that ( and probably a number of other things ). I really appreciate the input... I don't have much of an eye for detail, so any feedback/advice helps alot.

Thanks Fawbish... some sections are giving me a hard time ( ie : Top of the head and the section of the jaw just below the ears ) , but I'm really pleased with how it's turning out so far. How's your project coming along?

I've been away for 4 days, so really havent touched on anything - I'm also due on holiday as of wednesday for 10 days. So not much progress at the moment. When Im back, I'll be getting that printer up, running, and I think I'll attempt to print the gauntlet fully.

Wow just checked back in on this thread and you have mad some fantastic progress, this looks like its coming along great.:thumbsup

Thanks, really appreciate the positive feedback... keeps me motivated to get this done right.

Could help but notice you're thread here. I posted a pic on another Arkham Knight thread a bit back with a back shot of AK...http://www.therpf.com/f77/arkham-knight-pepakura-217501/index2.html
One detail I noticed from the back shot is that the "ears" have an edge effect to them.

Hey Bud... is this the edge effect you were refering to? Please let me know if I'm missing something else, and thanks again for the input. Much appreciated...

uploadfromtaptalk1410431635817.jpg

Bandiet, RevolverOcelot has great eyes for detail and no offense to him but I wouldn't put those notches in the ear. They would be nothing but a headache to pep in. They would be much much easier to cut in when the ears are hardened by what ever method people will use..

Bandiet, RevolverOcelot has great eyes for detail and no offense to him but I wouldn't put those notches in the ear. They would be nothing but a headache to pep in. They would be much much easier to cut in when the ears are hardened by what ever method people will use..

I agree it would definitely be easier just to Dremel the slots in... having said that, I think I'll just do 2 versions of the model, firstly a basic model which the finer details can be done adhoc - I like this idea because of the lack of reference pics available... gives the builder the option to interperate the Arkham Knight as he sees it, which may be completely different from my interpretation.

I'll then do the full spec model ( to the best of my ability ). I started this project with the aim of learning how to model in 3D, so tackling the finer details makes sense.

Thanks for the advice... I really appreciate the input.

View attachment 375523The two notches in the back of the ears where they slope is what I was mentioning previously.
Doing good so far! Keep it up.

Hi RevolverOcelot... thanks I was thinking of the beveled edges... the two slots didn't even register with me. Thanks for pointing that out, much appreciated.

As per my reply to Judge Spartan, I think I'll be doing 2 models. I've seen some guys do some amazing stuff with cardstock, so there's no doubt the smaller details can be done - I'm unfortunately not one of those guys, so the basic model will be right up my alley.

I'm going to try do the detailed model as pep friendly yet detailed as possible, but will have to see how it pans out.

Thanks again for the input... the feedback is helping me alot.

Yeah ! Unfold it ! We are ready ! :)
And again, congratulations for the work!

Thanks 3xplus... I've been tied down with renovations at home so haven't had time to wrap this up, I'm just as eager to get going on this build.

Hope to get started on the unfold tonight.

Thanks for the support....

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back