Back to the Future Marty McFly Puffy Vest Color BTTF

I'm starting to see more Class 5's pop up on the auction sites, however now the buy it now's are exceeding $500. Anyone else seeing this start to happen?

Last edited:
Yep! I notice the same thing with Fight Club. The ebb and flow of collecting, I suppose. The more the film is discussed here, the more active listings there are for wardrobe and props on auction sites. The unfortunate side effect is that the prices tend to reflect the “demand” as well.

Someone really wanted that vest because I bid up to $375 because that's how much my Headgoonie vest was. Not worth it.

Amen to that. I was willing to try and get it up to $200-$250. I have a great 5 panel Trailwise that I just need to dye the interior liner to and then I have a pretty decent replica. I got it for $50 and I think I'll stick with that and focus my budget towards a Shah safari shirt (since the Tragic Mountain's are out of medium and have been for a month now) and a good Guess Jacket replica (or vintage piece).

My only concern is that this starts a trend on ebay that lasts a while, making the class 5's almost impossible to get.

Last edited:
I'm looking into adding the vest and jacket to our White Label line, but I'd really like an original Class-5 to copy in hand (mostly to get the material just right). If anyone would like to help out, let me know as a White Label version of these pieces would certainly bring the price down from our standard offerings.

Does anyone know if the Headgoonie vest is still available? I tried emailing them and got nothing so far.
I think they already closed the preorder for it. You might be able to find them on one of their dealer’s website when it’s released. (I personally don’t know any dealer, but there should be! worth google it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
When is it released? And how much is it? I also need to know what sizes there are said:
I think it’s October if it’s the same with denim jacket. Not really sure, but $400? $500? Did anybody preorder it?

I am sure that Headgoonie copied the pattern from original shape, so I assume M is going to be the same size with the screen used one.

I think it’s October if it’s the same with denim jacket. Not really sure, but $400? $500? Did anybody preorder it?

I am sure that Headgoonie copied the pattern from original shape, so I assume M is going to be the same size with the screen used one.

Did they give a specific date? I'd need one that's about 24 inches from pit to pit, so either L or XL. I need to be faster than lightning to get one in the right size before it sells out.

Either that, or wait for Max Cady to change the colour back, which would be a million times easier to buy if they did.

I don't understand why they would change it to red, when they had it right before. We should be able to order it in red OR orange. That would make everybody happy on both sides of the whole "red vs orange" debate.

Has anyone tried asking Max Cady about the vest colour or anything like that before? Do they answer requests or inquiries like that? I know they do custom orders for some things, but only from their Japanese site by the looks.

If all else fails, I'm gonna save up for the Magnoli vest. Might take me a while, but hopefully it'll be worth it.

Hey all! There’s a great Class 5 alternative on Etsy, searchable by “vintage burnt orange ski vest.” Super close and fairly priced for those who are looking! All the best!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back