Back to the Future Marty McFly Puffy Vest Color BTTF

By studying the picture of it it looks like since it's an extra small, the pockets don't line up with the puff lines like the screen used one does. Interesting.

I just found this Class-5 vest. Size large
$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

Last edited:
It looks quite difficult to find a class 5 with the correct number of panels. I don't know why it is. But yeah.

I don't think you'll be able to dye green to orange though X) but it's a good find!

It seams to depend on the size of the vest. The larger the vest, the more panels. I guess Marty's screen used vest is a size L, too.

I personally think that he's wearing a M, because of the chest dimensions.... I have seen a lot of L and M sizes with the incorrect panel's number. There is a S size on my way, and there's a panel missing, but it's not because there is no space for an extra panel, because there could be... It's just not really consistent...

From all the Class-5 vests that I have seen I've seen that the pockets stay the same size, but the number of panels do change. I think size XS and S have one section less than the movie and M and L have the right amount.

If only they made a chemical that can remove color from stubborn nylon. I know some products exist, but they don't work on everything.

I was thinking the same thing the other day. The vest does not look tight on him at all even over the three layers of clothing he has on under it which I think should if it was a Medium.

Keep in mind that Marty is wearing the vest over his denim jacket and it still looks very big on him.

Keep in mind that Marty is wearing the vest over his denim jacket and it still looks very big on him.

Mchael JFox is super small though, he's 1m63... The length of a S and a M size is of 65cm from neck to bottom. While the length of a L is of 70 cm.

I think he's wearing a M, which is why it looks tight over the jacket. I had a L size from Class 5 (70s tag) and it wasn't tight with the headgoonie jean jacket.

Edit: It kinda looks tight to me (Just around the chest, under arms)

film-back_to_the_future-1985-marty_mcfly-michael_j_fox-jackets-red_down_vest-595x335.jpg

Last edited:
I have a size medium HG jacket and medium vest. The jacket sleeves are the perfect length, but the main body is a little long from the jacket's elastic waist having one more section than it should. I think HG didn't get the dimensions exactly right for either, so the fits are slightly different. I think if you were to get a size small jacket that the body length would be a little better but would be a little short if you made it more accurate but taking of a waist section, but the sleeves would be too short. I'm 5'5. Just one inch taller than MJF so I scale every costume piece to the movie. The green Class-5 vest I got is 67cm from the neck to the bottom hem.

I think it depends, but I have a M size and I'm 170cm (5.57"), and the Headgoonie jacket fits fine on me. It arrives just under my coxes, like it seems to be on mjfox. From shoulder to bottom, it measures 63cm... So yeah, I think L or M would be best for me, but it's not often you come upon a burnt orange vest that is not XS, so yeah x)... I'll show it to you when I'll receive my S vest, see how it looks x).

Now I really wish I could re color that vest I got. Also a little off topic, butmy tailor called and said my jacket I gave them to mod will be done by the end of the week. All the blue parts are being swapped out for the correct color blue I got from a real Guess jacket and the pocket flaps are being made longer to be more accurate. I hope it turns out well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back