Back to the Future Marty McFly Puffy Vest Color BTTF

Yeah... pesky lighting. Here is a vest in the identical color and material in different lighting:

mag-vest-color_zps1me7eb0c.jpg

Magnoli, do you have the correct pattern for the jacket? I have one in the movie size/pattern that is leather and denim if you need a reference.

Magnoli, do you have the correct pattern for the jacket? I have one in the movie size/pattern that is leather and denim if you need a reference.

I believe his pattern is correct. The last update about that jacket was to correct the color of the denim.

Last edited:
The new vest looks great, and I really enjoy how the label was handled. Compare to an original.
image.jpg

Regarding the jacket, I am only going on the website photos but it doesn't look based on an exact match. Maybe there have been updates. I haven't been on here as much as I would like this past year or two. There's a snap out of place and a little too much length on the gathered elastic around the bottom.

The new vest looks great, and I really enjoy how the label was handled. Compare to an original.
View attachment 444985

Regarding the jacket, I am only going on the website photos but it doesn't look based on an exact match. Maybe there have been updates. I haven't been on here as much as I would like this past year or two. There's a snap out of place and a little too much length on the gathered elastic around the bottom.

The length can be dealt with just by choosing a length for your jacket when you submit measurements.

The length can be dealt with just by choosing a length for your jacket when you submit measurements.

For me on my profile on magnoli clothiers I took measurements of a real Guess jacket that fit pretty closely to how it fit MJF. I made things just slightly bigger like the arm sections, but kept the length the same. I haven't ordered one yet though. I'm holding off until I see an updated jacket just like I did with the vest. And Indy is nice enough to offer vests with the measurements of a medium. I am certain that MJF wore a small Guess jacket with a medium Class-5 vest. I have both a small and medium Class-5 (not right color or pockets or amount of sections) and the medium fits just how it does in the movie over my small jacket.

Last edited:
Its a great jacket and if the original denim finishes become available it will look even better. The correct rectangular pocket versions are not often seen but there are plenty of vintage close-enoughs. Magnoli's pattern might be derived from a vintage Guess jacket, but was it the exact pattern and size from the film? I do not know. I have one that is, but in denim and leather. If he pleases it's available to be referenced. Perhaps he has one already.

Its a great jacket and if the original denim finishes become available it will look even better. The correct rectangular pocket versions are not often seen but there are plenty of vintage close-enoughs. Magnoli's pattern might be derived from a vintage Guess jacket, but was it the exact pattern and size from the film? I do not know. I have one that is, but in denim and leather. If he pleases it's available to be referenced. Perhaps he has one already.

He took reference from a member's Class-5 vest for his updated one so he might be open to it. It will take some time though. Probably longer than the vest took as it is more complicated of a garment. I would PM him.

I would like to see this new vest over the existing jacket. As of right now the pictures on magnoli clothiers haven't changed.

Everyone who is getting this vest say I. :thumbsup This vest is killer. So glad it came out so good. I can't wait to see the more accurate denim on the jacket.

Magnoli,

the new vest design looks absolutely fabulous and so I would like to order one!
Just for your information, I ordered one of your McFLy denim jackets a few weeks ago and therefore, you should already have my measurements.
One last question: Will my denim jacket have the new revised color scheme?
Best,
Chris:)

Current denim jacket orders will process on schedule unless otherwise requested. We won't be revising the denim until our original Guess vest arrives (probably a few weeks as the sender sent it by regular airmail). If you want me to hold your order until we sort out the new denim, let me know asap via e-mail.

I was told the vest order book is backed up 3 months so it will be about the end of April beginning of May when I can post pictures.

Current denim jacket orders will process on schedule unless otherwise requested. We won't be revising the denim until our original Guess vest arrives (probably a few weeks as the sender sent it by regular airmail). If you want me to hold your order until we sort out the new denim, let me know asap via e-mail.

Could we possibly get a picture of the new vest over the existing denim jacket? That would look awesome.

Will you be editing the shape or just the colors? I remember someone saying it looked a little off and I agree. I've been looking at it and comparing it to the real thing, and the elastic waist is a little too thick, thus pushing the pockets up too high. That would mean that the big seam line would be lowered giving that space more area. And the buttons next to the pockets need to be moved up. That's about it. If those are fixed and the colors and type of fabric are matched to the real deal it would be hard to distinguish the two.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back