Back to the Future Marty McFly Puffy Vest Color BTTF

Some great pictures in that auction. I'll see if we can do some small tweaks to our design based on this. Interesting that this vest has a contrast colored lining, unlike the screen vest.

Some great pictures in that auction. I'll see if we can do some small tweaks to our design based on this. Interesting that this vest has a contrast colored lining, unlike the screen vest.

So are you considering redeigning the whole thing? I would seriously consider buying one from your website if it became more accurate to the real thing. Maybe if you win the auction you could reverse engineer it ;)

I'm actually serious about that though. It would be a huge help for the bttf community to be able to have screen accurate vests at a good price.

I'm keeping an eye on that auction. If I did a small run of these all at once, I'm sure we could get the price down and still do them as made-to-measure.

I may also look at doing a run in ready-made sizes to really bring the price down.

Last edited:
I'm keeping an eye on that auction. If I did a small run of these all at once, I'm sure we could get the price down and still do them as made-to-measure.

I may also look at doing a run in ready-made sizes to really bring the price down.

I think ready made sizes are a good way to go. Specific tailoring to each person is cumbersome.

It seems like there have been slightly different variations of this class-5 vest. Probably from different years. The bottom one was most likely the version they used in the movie, but the overall shape didn't seem to change.
1507127_10203421974098093_1575287418982774974_n.jpg

10806305_10203421974218096_3329451738424753610_n.jpg

Last edited:
The top one has the correct number of horizontal stitches (the bottom one is missing the stitch level with the top snap).

Yep, that's not a problem at all!

Good to hear. :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, $510 and it's not even perfect with the lining color.

Well the vest is ultra impossible rare. Just like the Guess jacket. And the key to a really great McFly costume is the vest. You can have an awesome jacket from magnoli, but if your vest looks like crap it wont matter even if you have the screen used jacket.

Last edited:
Here are more pictures of the real vest if you need them Indy Magnoli. It looks like the button clasps are black. Im not sure if your vest already has that, but its good to point out.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who orders now would received the updated version, but I'm going to try and see if I can get a new prototype finished before Christmas for photography. After New Year's is more likely, but I'm going to see if I can fast track this...

Anyone who orders now would received the updated version, but I'm going to try and see if I can get a new prototype finished before Christmas for photography. After New Year's is more likely, but I'm going to see if I can fast track this...

Would they be in predetermined sizes instead of going through the process of getting a custom one? I think having s, m, l, xl, and xxl options would be easier for everyone.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back