Guardians of the Galaxy: The tape deck on board the Milano

Finally have a double deck on the way. Bad ebay sellers are getting more and more common Im afraid. Are you going to go with those meters?

Yes im going with the meters that i got, for this particular build, though i feel the needle should be a narrower band and the lights should have a little plastic box over them, i can add that when i change the art.
sorry no updates, i sent Risu my art, so he can compare before i moved on to metal bezels. I also had a two day class and some actual jobs to do this week.

i guess, im machining knobs soon but i really want to know if if the bezel behind the large knobs are a found object?

i found a tape deck carrier tray with a similar shape , but it was plastic and not exact, so i may build second one or just mock up with it.

i have been enjoying my tape deck this week while working, it actually a nice deck..

i added the two mix tapes to a tdk90, they showed up on youtube, mix 2 and mix 3, someone suggested them as fan music or something.

Not that it is relevant to anything, but wasn't Ain't No Mountain High Enough and possibly I Want You Back on Awesome Mix 2? Lol. Love to know your thoughts on this, guys!

Not that it is relevant to anything, but wasn't Ain't No Mountain High Enough and possibly I Want You Back on Awesome Mix 2? Lol. Love to know your thoughts on this, guys!

I'd say both of those songs would have to be considered Vol. 2 tracks. I wish Gunn would release the entire playlist that he gave to Pratt to listen to while preparing for the movie (as he'd previously suggested he would). With the unexpected popularity of the soundtrack, I wouldn't be surprised to a "Music Inspired By GOTG" type of follow-up release.

Sorry for the delay on my art Abelugo, been super busy with work stuff all week. I've also got a packed weekend, but I'll try really hard to get it done.

Hey Risu,
not a problem, we are cramming to get our Halloween project done asap! I cant get to the guardians bag even. My real gig just started to get going again and that becomes a lot to do really fast. The deck only gets worked on because i can stay a bit after work and chip away at it or a lunch time. Plus i listen to music on my new/old tape deck

I thought Entertainment Weekly had a decent theoretical Vol. 2 list. Check it out here:

http://entertainmentweekly.tumblr.com/post/93889778007/guardians-of-the-galaxy-awesome-mix-vol-2

Something that I don't see people addressing is that all of the songs from Awesome Mix Vol. 1 are from the 70s.

The confirmed ones from Vol. 2 are "What You Back" and "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" are from the 60s (possibly including "Spirit in the Sky").

So, I would assume the mixtape would have a 60s theme to it.

ive been working ion my own replica tape deck its not entirely movie accurate but im working with what ive got
10688048_987823181243505_2076951205001184907_o.jpg1781074_987823244576832_2306054697420807237_o.jpg10494986_987823227910167_1263602133298289338_o.jpg10003684_987822797910210_2295538017664241040_o.jpg
the cassette is set up so you connect a 9v battery and it starts to turn but does not play anything it mnake it look like the sound is coming form the cassette. Ive got an mp3 dock glued in behind the back (the black rectangle) so it can play the music. The buttons under the cassette control the the power and volume of the mp3 dock.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 316
That looks great Cameron, is that polished in the tumbler also? I like that it didnt take away all the machining lines.

Thanks. Yes. It's polished in a ceramic chip polisher on slow for an hour. I checked it every 15 until it got to a point where I was satisfied.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back