Guardians of the Galaxy: The tape deck on board the Milano

Take a look at the first picture. All the way to the lower lower left of the troll. On what looks like what may be the speaker. It looks like another alf card. I have the other ones just need to know what that one is. I may have to go see the movie again to confirm.

- - - Updated - - -

The particular troll you posted has a funny bigger nose. Maybe its just picture angle?

Maybe the corner all the way to the lower left is some other part of detail. It just happens to look like the corner of an Alf card.

For the Troll doll, I think it's either a Norfin, or a Wishnik, from what I can see. Still researching it. Also looks like the outfit (shirt, at least) belongs to a "cowboy" Troll.

I found some other screen grabs, looks like you have the right clothing! I'm still thinking the nose is funny.
I'm going to post some shots in a bit. It will get you guys motivated!
There is a Alf Baseball card and two more Series two cards, anyone else that is building all the way to the left, you should get the full sets
The US Flag is 3.5 x 2.5 base ont he baseball card size, there a good price one on ebay here 171443988941

Looks like there is a second "cool rootbeer" sticker holding up that Alf car, then a 2.25" Happy face sticker and what looks like a Smuf on a skateboard sticker. There is one above the Alf baseball card, that looks like a cherry.
Under the Alf series 2 car it looks like a small mirror with some notes over some red paper

Thanks for the hints Humanoid!

Here is the video
booyah!
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsElqAo7qgQ[/video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsElqAo7qgQ
Lets get this done!

vlcsnap-00004.png

vlcsnap-00007.png

vlcsnap-00012.png

vlcsnap-00013.png

vlcsnap-00014.png

vlcsnap-00018.png

vlcsnap-00022.png

vlcsnap-00024.png

vlcsnap-00029.png

vlcsnap-00032.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome work, as always! Here I was fixing to post some terrible quality pictures of the Troll from the end of the movie, then I see this. Lol. Can't wait to see more updates here!

Smurf sticker is easy to find on eBay. One left though.

Last edited:
Looking forward to it.

How are you guys going to display this thing, with all the extra stuff? I'm only making the main deck, which includes the 5 scratch n sniffs and the puffy Alf stickers. I'll probably hang it on the wall.

I need something for my cubicle wall. You know the area between the upper cabinet and the table. I may make as much as possible and as far left/right as possible. That is why I'm getting all the stickers to the left.
rough build, size may change when I get the actual deck.

I may make the orange tuck and roll, but I think the grey tuck and roll insert might be from upholstery shops as insides for sport seats.

Attachments

• rough build.jpg
    rough build.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 664
Last edited:
EDIT: WOW, I decided to take a look on ebay and I've never had that awesome a result. Not only were the Alf puffy stickers readily available, but so were all the scratch n sniff stickers. I managed to get everything for about $25 shipped.

Then you maybe could take and scan them all so that other could print them out on sticky paper?

I would, but the link in post #2 already has them all scanned at a high resolution. The only reason I bought them was because it was easy. And I guess it gives me the option of smelling them.

Not sure if this has been discussed, but I noticed that on this picture it's the "hang in there"..
guardians-of-the-galaxy-movie-screenshot-mix-tape.jpg

While in this one it's "hot shot"
53e3c912286f2.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, I noticed that when I was ebaying. I went for the Hang in There because it seems to be the one used on the hero deck.

Had hardly entertained the thought of making on of these tape decks, but once I saw this thread decided I need one.

Just ordered some of the stickers.
Held off on the Root Beer and Hang in There for now because I was having trouble finding them as cheap as the others and couldn't justify spending more than $3 for a single sticker.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back