Luke ROTJ stunt saber

Darth Fetty

Sr Member
Just wanted to show off my new saber...

I think it came from a run of blank Luke V2 and stunt lightsabers organized by SaberFreak and Jedi Dogs on Rebelscum. Fantastic blanks too. I think SaberFreak has some extras in case anyone's interested.

Sarted out as this.....

Stnt1.jpg

Then made it into this piece of crap. :lol

P10100049.JPG

P10100038.JPG

P10100096.JPG

P10100116.JPG

P10100125.JPG

P10100131.JPG

P10100144.JPG

Real thing....

LROTJS1.jpg

One strange thing I noticed was a small box cut out underneath the lever on the clamp. In some pictures it's there, and in others it's not. They might have cut it out sometime recently, but I have no clue why.

I didn't drill in the holes around the emitter or around the pommel. Didn't want to take a chance of accidentally slipping.

Ugly saber, but it's probably my favorite. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Probe Droid @ Mar 12 2007, 08:45 AM) [snapback]1438196[/snapback]</div>
Sweet. I love that saber. Where'd you get the original blank from?
[/b]

I got it from someone off here. I'm very certain it's one of SaberFreak's though.

Thanks guys.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Fetty @ Mar 12 2007, 11:05 PM) [snapback]1438211[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Probe Droid @ Mar 12 2007, 08:45 AM) [snapback]1438196[/snapback]
[/b]
I got it from someone off here. I'm very certain it's one of SaberFreak's though.

Thanks guys.
[/b][/quote]
Yes its one of mine, and yes I do have extras if anyone is looking :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SaberFreak @ Mar 12 2007, 09:47 AM) [snapback]1438234[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Fetty @ Mar 12 2007, 11:05 PM) [snapback]1438211[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Probe Droid @ Mar 12 2007, 08:45 AM) [snapback]1438196[/snapback]
[/b]

Thanks guys.
[/b][/quote]
Yes its one of mine, and yes I do have extras if anyone is looking :D
[/b][/quote]

There you are. :D

I've noticed something that I haven't seen anyone comment on. On the clamp are on the body of the saber, I noticed the diameter on the fan made piece is cut smaller. I assume this is to make up for the diamter of the clam itself to line up with the sabers body below it as it looks in the picture. However, it looks like the picture was not marqueed properly giving an illusion the clamp is at the same height. Look at the picture again and look near the clamp mechanism itself. It does have a larger diameter then the lower part of the body. I would say the fan made piece is nice but that detail is incorrect. Are there more picture to support the smaller diameter?

I don't quite get what you mean ThermalShock. Are you saying the outer diameter of the clamp shouldn't be the same level as the part of the saber right before the pommel?

That there shouldn't be a step cut into the body of the saber to allow for the clamp to be flushed with the saber? :confused

You may be right, but its only a 0.5mm step. Or maybe its the chrome tape that make the clamp look like its thicker then the saber...

The thickness of the chrome tape is insignificant to the overall diameter. I just this people are basing the assumption the clamp, when on the body, is at the same diamter as the portion below it because of the picture. However if you take that into photoshop and line up everything, you'll see the tapper in the marqueeing just before the backend. It was a mistake that was translated to the fan made piece.

Saber looks great. I think there is a step - if you check out the photo from the Archive book, you'll see that the leading edge of the core (before the clamp) is not at the same level as the trailing edge (after the clamp). And the copper painjob is matched perfectly. Only thing I'd suggest is finding a good machine shop to add the holes in the copper section and emitter. I believe the hole in the emitter is threaded...

Here's what I mean.
rotjlevel.jpg

I hope you understand that I'm not knocking your work. I wouldn't mind having one myself. I'm just making the observation that I see and posing on it. I think whenthe book was published the photo was hand cut. IE: A photo and scissors or an exacto, not computer marqueed and caused the clamp to appear what you see. But when you line things up in the computer, it's kinda obvious.

Hey no problem we're all here in search of the most accurate prop.

However, if you move the line to flash with the saber body in front of the clamp, the line cuts into the saber body behind the clamp. This is what I based my decision on, since to me the saber body, and not the clamp, is the constant. I hope you see where I'm coming from...

The way the clamp is slanting towards the end seems like its warped, as in not a perfect circle, to me; or the chrome tape has come off somewhat on one portion. Since those are unknown factors and can not be taken as absolute, I went with the saber body in front of the clamp, and the top of the ridges.

I see what you're saying. You used the front as a reference instead of lining up in the way I demonstraighted. I can see where you came to that conclusion. However, I think the diameter directly in front of the clamp may be off as well. There are two things that I'm observing. One is the size difference of the highlight/glare. It's much bigger than the step to the right of it. Two, look at the lower portion of the step. It's cut at an angle. So you should go by the outermost diameter of that angle, that might also have a step in itself that's not visible. I think it was just a poor marqueeing job when they printed the book. It's not the first time that's happened. The best way I think to determin a more true representation is a look at a few different photos. Preferably ones that haven't been marqueed out.

Like I said, you may be completely right, but at the time a decision had to be made with available reference, and move on. And there were bigger issues to get consensus on then a 0.5mm step.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back