Luke ROTJ stunt saber

There is most definitely a step down for the graflex clamp to sit flush with the rear section before the start of the pommel. Problems arise because the saber is cast, not machined and so there are MANY irregularities on the round surfaces. Then add in the fact that the saber is NOT round in cross section, the clamp rotates around the body, the chrome tape is higher in places because of the gunk beneath it, the pommel rotates, and the emitter rotates... and it's easy to see why the details on this saber have been hard for so many folks to try and pin down over the years.

Looks like avery nice attempt. Of course I can see other things wrong with it, like... :D

Barry

Oh I know Barry...no matter how we mere mortals try, there'll ALWAYS be inaccuracies to the expert eye...

But considering the crappy photos we have to work with... :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Barry @ Mar 12 2007, 11:50 AM) [snapback]1438324[/snapback]</div>
Looks like avery nice attempt. Of course I can see other things wrong with it, like... :D
[/b]

C'mon, spill the beans. :p

I know a few things with mine. No tape on the clamp sidebars, the width of the grooves should be uneven in some spots, the holes (which I should try to get someone to do for me), and the lever should be a bit rusty. Other than that, what else?

The 'saber looks amazing. Any chance it (or something very much like it) will show up in the JY soon? :angel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(propstuf @ Mar 12 2007, 12:55 PM) [snapback]1438380[/snapback]</div>
The 'saber looks amazing. Any chance it (or something very much like it) will show up in the JY soon? :angel
[/b]

Not from me for sure.

It's kind of been my dream saber for almost 10 years.

Here's some of Hez's pics of the saber on display...

lukestunt5pm6.jpg

lukestunt10lh1.jpg

lukestunt11jf3.jpg

looks pretty flush to me...

Just wanted to show this off...

I won this from MR last week. They aren't making them, but it was used as a display at ToyFair.

P10100058.JPG

P10100107.JPG

P10100118.JPG

Note the "Emiter Rotates" and "Pommel Rotates". Weird...

(and they know it really is the Stunt and not the V2)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Fetty @ Apr 9 2007, 11:41 AM) [snapback]1458507[/snapback]</div>
I won this from MR last week. They aren't making them, but it was used as a display at ToyFair.
[/b]

Very cool prize, I don't suppose there is any chance of you sacnning this image for anyone who wanted to add to their MR blueprint collection. :D

Dan
DDStokes@aol.com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Anakin Starkiller @ Apr 9 2007, 12:47 PM) [snapback]1458509[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Fetty @ Apr 9 2007, 11:41 AM) [snapback]1458507[/snapback]
[/b]

Very cool prize, I don't suppose there is any chance of you sacnning this image for anyone who wanted to add to their MR blueprint collection. :D

Dan
DDStokes@aol.com
[/b][/quote]

Nah sorry, it mentions something in that box under CONFIDENTIAL that copying is prohibited. Plus, it's a bit too big for my scanner.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny Santoro @ Apr 9 2007, 12:52 PM) [snapback]1458513[/snapback]</div>
Didnt the Luke ROTJ saber have a triangle d-ring?
[/b]

The Hero had a tri-ring, but the Stunt and V2 had a D-ring

Nice score on the Blueprint Darth_Fetty. :D

"Overall finish: Weathered" - gives me hope that they will weather their version of this saber.

That is an amazing replica--well done. It could easily pass as the real deal.

Oh, and is MR not doing the traditional cone-knob V2? That's a shame. Still, makes my Russrep version that much more a prize--my favorite peice in my collection.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Anakin Starkiller @ Apr 9 2007, 11:47 AM) [snapback]1458509[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Fetty @ Apr 9 2007, 11:41 AM) [snapback]1458507[/snapback]
[/b]

Dan
DDStokes@aol.com
[/b][/quote]

:confused

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back