My new and improve Chewie bust

bothanspy

Sr Member
After a makeover by Tom Spina.

When I sent him the bust for restoration, the hair was a mess and things were falling apart. This is after Tom spin his magic on it. I am going for the ANH look. What do you guys think?

Thanks Tom for saving Chewie..

Last edited:
BIG improvement Cal.

Tom is indeed a master of all things beastly or hairy :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bothanspy @ Mar 12 2007, 12:43 AM) [snapback]1437701[/snapback]</div>
After a makeover by Tom Spina.

When I sent him the bust for restoration, the hair was a mess and things were falling apart. This is after Tom spin his magic on it. I am going for the ANH look. What do you guys think?

Thanks Tom for saving Chewie..
[/b]

That's a problem with most of my busts that don't have punched hair - after a while it tends to get messy and to start falling off. I know I'm in the distinct minority but I prefer sculpted hair as a result.

The restoration looks great and Tom is simply a master at that (I was just checking out his website this past weekend). It would be nice to see some before pics just for comparison. Did Tom also construct the base?

Looks awesome.

Thanks guys.

The head was Chewie15's work... a great sculpt and very cool piece in it's own regard... but that was a face-only mask. So I created the back of the head for Calvin, and then gave him a MAJOR hair cut.

The hair when it arrived (Cal, if you've got a before pic you could post, that'd be great) had fallen badly out of place. He was a bit of a mess.

Most of the hair on the head was also 2 feet long and quite thick. I did a lot of cutting and then used what I'd cut off to finish out the back of the head and the shoulders. I had some gray hair here that was the same type of synthetic Howard used for the head and I blended a bit of that into the shoulders as well.

When I was all done, he had a more ANH look as did my shop, which was just about covered in wookie hair :D

Glad you're happy with this guy Cal.
Tom

Part of the reason he was in such a mess is possibly the fact that he has made two trips across the Atlantic ocean in a cardboard box LOL.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kurtyboy @ Mar 12 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]1438298[/snapback]</div>
Part of the reason he was in such a mess is possibly the fact that he has made two trips across the Atlantic ocean in a cardboard box LOL.
[/b]

No doubt. Add to that one more trip across the US to get to my shop and you've got a bad hair day for any wookie.

He's got enough aqua net (can't make 70's style without the authentic spray.) on him now that he should make it back to Cal w/o incident :)

Tom

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back