Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper Pics

I'm so used to seeing actual TK helmet props with chips and blobs and scuffs that the new one seems too pristine (I know in the SW movies they're supposed to look pristine too, but 30 years of obsessing over photos has revealed every scratch). I'd love to see a new one with just a teeny hint of weathering for character. Hopefully there'll be some battles where we can see it grunged up a bit!

I like the new look of the stormtrooper, but it is inevitable that the original TK helmet will always be my favorite. It is interesting to see the latest interpretation of a TK helmet 30 years after RotJ with its very sleek look. However, I thought that the solely black and white color scheme was a little boring and I missed details like the teeth. So, I thought that this version paid a little more homage to the original design. I included the stripes in the tear some ESB and RotJ inspired black teeth in the frown, blue tube stripes, and some little grey details here and there.
Helmet.JPG

I like it. Of course the original is iconic and can never be matched, but this looks like a logical next step for the design. I like what I've seen of Ep VII (props, sets, etc) so far.

Re: Episode VII Stormtrooper Pics

This is going to be awesome!!! Here's hoping EFX gets the movie molds and makes replicas for us. :)

Ben
How much do you want to bet Efx has this helmet in production now and the pre-sale will go up as soon as the first Episode VII trailer pops up confirming the helmet design.

How much do you want to bet Efx has this helmet in production now and the pre-sale will go up as soon as the first Episode VII trailer pops up confirming the helmet design.

Well *I* just hope someone gets a license to produce scale model kits of the new (and old) vehicles that are more detailed and accurate than Revell's Easy Kits. Preferably with Finemolds' details and Revell's prices and availability...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'd bet just about any money you like that if eFX started on production of this helmet now, we'd see it sometime in 2019 if we were lucky.

SW took inspiration from historical/cultural/mythological iconography. The new TK helmet isn't faithful enough to the original and just follows the generic art direction trend for sci-fi films from the past 10+ years. The clean, crisp, minimalist look is very modern but not really Star Wars and looks too "Future-Earth" to me. It wouldn't look out of place in iRobot, Total Recall, District 9 etc

One of my main questions is why are we even seeing stormtroopers at all? Surely they should have been phased out after the fall of the Empire? If the Empire is still around, then what was the point? What I don't want to see from these films is just a rehash of the original trilogy.

One of my main questions is why are we even seeing stormtroopers at all? Surely they should have been phased out after the fall of the Empire? If the Empire is still around, then what was the point? What I don't want to see from these films is just a rehash of the original trilogy.

I'm sure the opening crawl will reveal much about the what why when and how come... 30 years of history has to be packed into that opening crawl! :D

Well - we were told the Taliban and the terrorist were under control and now we get an even hard core version called ISIS.

Anything can happen. Haha

Well - we were told the Taliban and the terrorist were under control and now we get an even hard core version called ISIS.

Anything can happen. Haha

Those guys scare the hell out of me. I think I'd rather the empire.

My guess on why stormtroopers are still there is that the galaxy is under civil war and the empire is only one of the factions involved.I can't imagine the Empire just quiting due to Vader and the Emporer dying. There was billions of people involved to make up the Empire and multiple people would be ready to stand up and take charge. Whatever happens I think that JJ and Kasdan know exactly what they are doing. Especially from what we've seen so far. :)

Ben

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back