Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper Pics

I tried to bring up a bit of detail...

View attachment 363724 (click on pic to enlarge)

I really don't know what to think, my gut reaction was that its too much of a jump.
This is what i would have expected if there was a reboot and the first thing i have seen from Abrams that I haven't been totally onboard with.

I believe that they have purposefully distanced themselves from any elements that could be construed as "Ainsworth" influenced just in case.

Why would they worry about Ainsworth? He did not design or sculpt the ST helmets, all he did was vacu-form and assemble them.

I had to do a quick sketch of this trooper helmet just to get an idea of what it might look like physically. I'm sure it's way off but there's so few pictures to go by so far. The dome needs to be reshaped for sure .

Last edited:
Count me among those who like the new helmet. I feel it's a reasonable evolution from the original design.

I hate it. It looks like it could be from just about any sci-fi production that required a faceless law enforcement officer.

:thumbsdown

Exactly. I think it looks awful and lacks detail. It's like the got the guy from Apple who designs their computers and told them to make a Stormtrooper helmet.

I need to let it digest awhile before I decide what I think of it. How the movie turns out will have a big influence on what I think of it.

i have already started making a 1:6 one
10550918_10204090603005891_3933620521995563368_n.jpg

Overall not bad but IMHO would have looked much better without the black on each side of the cheeks making the eyes look separate more like the originals.

Gerardo

My only real quibble revolves around the eye area connecting to the mouth and it only having one mic tip. I tend to think it'd look better if the eyes were separate and it had two mic tips but that's a minor gripe. I'm not seeing much similarity between this and any Apple design, besides perhaps being white and shiny...which stormtroopers tend to be and I don't think many would have a hard time recognizing these guys as such. Lol! We're in all new territory here and I can accept that stormtroopers would look sleeker and more modern 30 years after ROTJ. I don't see that this has significantly more or less detail than the OT helmets. It looks like a natural development from the ROTJ helmet to me though it appears that the slimmer, more vestigial ears are now gone altogether. I'm also intrigued to hear about the new TIE pilot helmets! For that matter, I'd like to see the new TIEs themselves.

The question remains, who will develop this into a 3d model for us? Then after perhaps unfold the model and make it into a pepakura project.

I'm getting the feeling the large black area for the eyes may be populated with LED lights. This could help make them look more menacing. I could see them going with some illuminated red eyes or something. Just brain-storm-ing. :)

I find the design interesting and we need more pictures in order to be used to it. Anyway, I am an OT fan design and the original trooper is still my favorite.
Anyway what you said could be cool. So that would be something like that :

Sadly I mist say that I don´t like the new trooperhelmetdesign.The originals are a lot more detailed and more like a real working helmet.The new ones are more like a new "White Power Ranger" or something like that.Reminds me at the new robocop-redesign.:(
But its the same with every new prop..you must see it in the movie.And when the new stormtroopers are very cool in the movie,the helmet and armor is a must have!;)

I like the new one, but i just wish the first thing that popped into my head (and to a couple other people i showed the pic to) wasn't 'motorcycle helmet'.... :)

I like jarvis's a bit better actually. Seems to blend OT and the new on a bit better...

I heard the helmets were 3D-printed. I think maybe all of them.

The shape would otherwise be difficult to vacuuform and assemble. The easiest way to make more of them would be like Clone helmets are done, and roto-cast in resin.
Not as many sharp angles on this one compared to clones, thankfully.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back