NC/SC Prop Party Interest?

Jedirick

Sr Member
need to build a contact list of those interested.
1-
2-
3-
5-
6-
7-
8-

I'm in Wilmington, NC.

I can provide reasonably good sized space for prop display plus a work area, size depending on paid production projects operating at the time.

I am also pretty certain I can arrange a studio tour at Screen Gems (next door) of at least a couple sound stages sets and a walk through of paint/plaster/spfx odds n'ends. All depends on how busy or unbusy people are. may be able to pull off a spfx make-up demo or at least a how to on doing facial appliances.

Whatelse do you guys like?

Beer does not need to be mentioned, it is my staff of life. :)

It would have to be this fall October/November as I have incredible number of irons in the fire through summer.

Wilmington is about 40/50 miles from the SC border 60 miles from Myrtle Beach which is 2 hours in summer and one in the winter. :D. I-40 ends at Wilmington and North I-95 connects to 1-40 about 100 miles northwest of Wilmington. and South I-95 junctions with 74/76 about 50 miles duewest of Wilmington.

Obviously any RPF member is more than welcome.
Richmond , Va 275 miles
Charlotte is 200 miles,
Greensboro 200,
Charleston SC about 175,
Fayetteville 85
Jacksonville 50
Columbia SC 200,
Raleigh/Durham 125,
Asheville 350 but Interstate all the way so under 6 hours drive time is reasonable.

When was this forum created?

:confused

Depending on the day, I'd be in. I normally work Saturdays but can arrange to be off if I have enough notice.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blufive @ Mar 11 2007, 06:29 PM) [snapback]1437609[/snapback]</div>
When was this forum created?

:confused

Depending on the day, I'd be in. I normally work Saturdays but can arrange to be off if I have enough notice.
[/b]

In the last few days.

I would guess Saturday or Sunday would be best for most. I don't care. Most any day of the week is OK by me.

I would be up for it. I am in Charlotte. I just wish I had something, to bring and show off (worth showing off :()

I'm in Greensboro, and I'd love to come. Sat or Sunday, anytime...just name the date and I'll do my best to be there.

Early Saturday morning would be best for me, too... I'm in Raleigh.

For that matter, I've got plenty of space for a Raleigh-based party as well... should that be a separate thread? I don't want to compete with the Wilmington one, so we'd pick a different weekend/month/whatever prevents a scheduling conflict...

oh you know im down. i dont have much to bring... but ill bring it. LOL.

and my buddy just moved back from asheville and has been wanting me to go there, ill get him to go on a road trip with me, and we could have a place to stay halfway there and back.

come to think of it...

i have a place to stay in wilmington as well LOL.

anyone who hasnt been to wilmington... GO. its a wonderful little town. the beaches are awesome.

rick what is it surfside? im pretty sure that was it. man one day i want to own one of those houses on that beach... :love B)

man im excited. id really like to meet those of you who cant make it to adventurecon. B)

lets get this figured out. and yeah, i grew up wanting to do facial appliances and movie makeup for horror stuff. (when i wasnt dreaming/drooling over SW)

:D

There is Surf City. North of Wilmington about 30 minutes.Was a small sport/commercial fishing beach but them damn yankees came down and started buying property at the "shore"

Property values have gone out of sight in last two decades.
In 1978 i bought a 3000 sq ft home on the golfcourse in town for $100,000. My wife wanted to live a tthe beach and i could have purchased a house on Shell island for $150,000. I told her it would be a cold day in hell I paid that much for a house. In 1962 ii sold my house for $125,000. Nice profit for just 4 years. The house at the beach sold about the samr time for $650,000 a $500,000 profit. I imagine that house would bring $3-4 million now and then be torn down by the buyer who would build a $7million in it's place.

I'm interested, but I wouldn't know until closer to the date and will have to remain thoroughly uncommitted at this point. Sounds fun, though.

I'd be intrested, even though I have practically nothing to bring. Its actually pretty cool to see how many folks are members and living in NC.

Brian (A Fayettevillian)

I'm open to one. We live in Raleigh but my in-laws live down in the Southport area & I could probably talk the family into a trip.

Keep me posted on dates.

I would love to come down and see what props you guys have created. I am just getting started in prop replicas. I am in Greensboro, NC.

I'm in Burlington NC, so it wouldn't be too bad a drive. Saturday works best for me as well. :)

-B89! :D

I am in Atlanta but would travel! I went to law school at Chapel Hill and have a ton of friends in NC, so I always look for reasons to get back.

Alec

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back