Star Wars dice tower

ekervina

I haven't done any real model building for about 20 years now, so I decided to dip my toes back in by building a dice tower for my Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG...

I apologize in advance for the quality of the photos. I have a decent camera, yet I always seem to grab my phone instead when I need pictures. Also, a lot of steps didn't get documented, so this is by no means a comprehensive guide to the process.

I built the basic form using Evergreen styrene sheet...

dicetowerstep3.jpgdicetowerstep2.jpg

I tested it out and determined that it was hard to drop the dice in the hopper, so I added a bit to the top, and then started stealing kit parts to greeble it up.

dicetowerstep4.jpgdicetowerstep5.jpg

After greebling, I sprayed it silver.
dicetowerstep6.jpg

Then I misted it with a bit of water, and sprinkled on some kosher salt. Once that had dried, I mixed up a rust color and sprayed that over the whole thing, then repeated the water and salt treatment. Then I painted it a light gray overall, stenciled on some text, and then scrubbed off the salt. After that, I hit it with some gloss coat, followed by some rust and black washes, and when I was happy with that, dullcoat overall.

dicetowerstep9.jpgdicetowerstep8.jpgdicetowerstep7.jpgdicetowerstep10.jpg

Not a huge project, and not the coolest thing anybody has ever done, but it was a nice little project to get me back into things. I hope it inspires someone to build something!

Attachments

• Dicetowerstep1.jpg
    Dicetowerstep1.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 81
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back