Alien Prometheus chair build

golum1

Hi there, I am a big fan of the Prometheus and Alien Art direction and I like those bridge chairs in the tradition of the original Alien and I will try to build one myself. According to the designers at the Shepperton Studios the Prometheus chairs were build on top of existing truck chairs. Unfortunately, they don't remember the manufacturer anymore. I have not had any luck in identifying the frame underneath but if you know the brand would be very helpful. There is one at the Propstore for sale. Thanks

208722-t1.jpg

http://www.propstore.com/product/prometheus/prometheus-bridge-chair/

Thanks. Yes, you are right they provided the harnesses but unfortunately not the lorry seat. I never understood why the production of Prometheus did not put a Weyland sticker over that brand especially as there have been some close ups of it.

Thanks. Yes, you are right they provided the harnesses but unfortunately not the lorry seat. I never understood why the production of Prometheus did not put a Weyland sticker over that brand especially as there have been some close ups of it.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the brand. You can almost make it out here:

movies_prometheus_new_stills_6.jpg

Have you tried contacting Luke yet?

Not yet, but I will send them an email on Monday. If you look closely there are also fold out seats in some of the wall panels in some of the corridors and even they have Luke's belts fitted. Identifying the chair frame will be difficult as most is disguised by fibreglass castings. I think the only visible frame piece from the truck chair is the leaver at the bottom.

The fact that the seats rotate makes me think the seat bases came out of something industrial like a backhoe.

Yes, that is what I thought as well. However, I have found some photos where there are bits of frame visible and it does not look like backhoe. Anyone can identify it. Thanks
Img_4619%20%282%29.jpg
IMG_4617.JPG

Definitely the lever looks like the one in Xenobiologist www.seatrus.com link. It looks pretty similar. Hav a look at this pic. Right bottom of the photo you can see the frame from the top and it looks a bit different.
IMG_4592.JPG

The chair frame chair is visible here in the background
IMG_4588.JPG

Yeah that new pic looks like an exact match for the top of the seatsrus pedestal :thumbsup Just need to get one the right height, the manufacturers must offer them in different heights.

I've had a good search & haven't found a match for the seat frame yet but from the pics it looks fairly basic. Its a recliner & it doesn't appear to have any head rest mounts, that "T" shaped reinforcer in the back rest is the distinctive feature. Car seat frames are usually quite complicated these days as they cram so much into them. It could well be a captains chair from a boat.

Thanks, I think so as well. Definitely, the frame used did not have headrests and the t feature is distinctive. I have googled it a bit but so far not an exaxt hit but I will keep searching. I have contacted those seatrus guys if they have a turntable with a higher colum. My hunch is that this part comes seperately from a captains chair. The lever on the chair from seatrus which is as well on the Prometheus chair does not do anything when you sit on it (only decorative I guess) and the only way to get the chair swiveling is by pressing the floor pedal. Would be great if someone could still identify those.
Here is another picture with courtesy of the Shepperton prop guys. Half of the whole frame is visible behind the fibreglass backrest
IMG_4589.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back