Star-Lord man, Legendary Outlaw

LegendaryOutlaw

New to TheRPF, but I have already heard great things, and looking around found some cool stuff. So I am making a Star-Lord costume (Don't think I'm the first one, hahha). It just so happens to be my first time working with foam, RPF has helped me understand the endless uses of it. Anyways, down to the nitty gritty.

Some stuff I have purchased and wont make many modifications (Jacket and blue shirt) so I wont post pics of that stuff. But here are a few things I have made (or painted) thus far.

Most people are doing the same thing here with the Nerf Guns. Here is my take on it. I may pull them all apart and make them more accurate some day. (needs more weathering and final touches still)

The next piece is the jets. I made mine using the following items:
1/2" Expansion Repair Coupling (Lowe's)
Cheap toy binoculars (Dollar Tree)
Toy wood pirate ship (Amazon)
Foam, glue, and paint.

And lastly, for now, my favorite piece. The belt buckle. made from an old belt buckle blank and craft foam (Dollar Tree) and paint... Total cost of this one was like 10 cents, I had the belt buckle and paint already, used 2 pieces of foam from a 20 pack I bought from the Dollar Tree. I spent time weathering it to look good, so far the only "done" piece.

I'll have more stuff to post soon. I am making all sorts of props (foam walkman, spats, Working on a trench coat, etc.) Thanks again to all the people here

Nice job. I hadn't even considered binocs for the jets but they're really good.

On the gun, the heat effect near the barrel, do you think a swath of watered-down acrylic would give it that tempered look?

Nice job. I hadn't even considered binocs for the jets but they're really good.

On the gun, the heat effect near the barrel, do you think a swath of watered-down acrylic would give it that tempered look?

It might. This was my first attempt at it. I used various colored sharpies to get the effect.

Not if you used rub n buff it won't. I bought some metallic blue and purple acryllic paints and tried just that: watering it down, then brushing it onto the barrel. It didn't stick at all. I even tried it undiluted, and the paint just didnt want to stick to the rub n buff'ed surface.

If that is sharpie, you may be able to blend it out with a cotton ball with isopropyl alcohol?

I think you did an awesome job though.

I will probably try this with the next one I paint. I had just put a bit on then wiped it off with my finger, but I wish there was a bit less color on it so the silver shined thru a bit.

I am also going to repaint the black barrels because looking at pictures those are actually silver. And idk if anyone noticed (the picture doesnt do it justice) but I added blue LEDs in the upper housing of the gun. When the lights are dim the blue bounces off the whole gun nicely. This is another area where I am going to go back however and put some reflective metal tape in to make it really shine.

- - - Updated - - -

for sure starting a star lord build now that im seeing so many great things from the community!

Do it. It is a great costume for parties and cons alike. Nothing to crazy or too bulky. I got a lot of attention from just a half finished version at a friends house-con.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back