Darth Vader ROTJ Reveal mask My build

Thanks my friend.:)
And I hope you have luck with the parts.Originalparts are really hard to find for this prop.

Your helmet looks good.I like the grey color on the helmet,too.:)
About the parts:Oh,the most parts are a secret forever I would say.Nobody knows what the propmaker used for all the little parts.Only the Dynodes,the Dentalexpanders and some other small parts are famous..but the rest is a big mystery.:(

Do we know what the round silver disc (with many holes) at the very top of the helmet is / was...?

Years ago I was on the hunt for most originalparts online.Hours and hours watching photos and reading informations.But nothing.I also bought many tipewriters for the metal linkages but also nothing.I think the best way is to replicate the parts so good as possible.We have so much really good pics of this prop..so you can build a near perfect replica with enough skills and money.My mask is not bad.But perhaps I will also build a more accurate Reveal mask one day..who knows?;):lol

Years ago I was on the hunt for most originalparts online.Hours and hours watching photos and reading informations.But nothing.I also bought many tipewriters for the metal linkages but also nothing.I think the best way is to replicate the parts so good as possible.We have so much really good pics of this prop..so you can build a near perfect replica with enough skills and money.My mask is not bad.But perhaps I will also build a more accurate Reveal mask one day..who knows?;):lol

You are joking, right,,,!? This is a phenomenal work of art...

What color / brand did you use for the gun metal?

btw Kroenen77, do you have the size of the piano key and the diameter of the full circle on the top of the face mask ?
because here in my country its a little hard to find the real pieces for do an screen accurate version.
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
So the disc on the top is ca.15cm and the long keys are 4,5cm long and the small ones 2cm.Hope that helps.

Mine are painted resincopys of Originals.Because I have not a full Original set.
On my wish list, sooo tired of looking for originals, the Emails I’ve sent out to different dental and orthodontist practices with hardly any replies is really disheartening

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back