Darth Vader ROTJ Reveal mask My build

On my wish list, sooo tired of looking for originals, the Emails I’ve sent out to different dental and orthodontist practices with hardly any replies is really disheartening

10 years ago there was a good chance to find a set.But now its really hard.Lots of people bought them to make money on ebay.But I think great painted copys are also good if you know the right color.I think real dynodes are a lot more important for a great ROTJ Reveal mask.

10 years ago there was a good chance to find a set.But now its really hard.Lots of people bought them to make money on ebay.But I think great painted copys are also good if you know the right color.I think real dynodes are a lot more important for a great ROTJ Reveal mask.
I’ve got the Dynodes they were my first item on my list, i might try the metal printed ones on shape ways, they look ok but I might tweek them a little then try a few different colour tests

Last edited:
I used one of those pieces in one that I did 16 years ago, it was not screen acurated and then I sold it to buy other pieces.

Trust me boys...you must scratch most of the parts.We are on the hunt for originalparts for over 10 years..others longer.Every year a new story what it could be...but at the end...nothing.
I´m really happy that we know that the dynodes and expanders are originalparts.Most of the parts are over 30,40or 50 years old..who knows.They used old parts from harwarestores and shops in europe for the Originalmask.I bought so much old typewriters to find the original "1-4"and "LTRS"stamped linkages...but nothing.But I hope one day somebody has luck.Let me know!:p:):thumbsup

Please answer i want to know!

Hi Frogfreak, As the members here have attempted to imply these parts are not easy to find, I'm not trying to discourage you but brace yourself for a quest. Here's what you can search for: EMI Photomultiplier Tube (this is probably the easiest of the parts to locate but you may have to go through a few to find one with the correct dynodes), the typewriter may have been a Mercedes -- best of luck to you finding the correct model 'cause I don't know what it was, and the Glenross Dental Expanders are probably the next most difficult part of any Star Wars prop to locate that has been identified. I've been looking for some for 16 years now and have only seen one single correct expander show up on eBay for $700.

Where to find the parts? Well, eBay is the obvious place to start. After that it's a question of chance as none of the parts have been made for decades.

Best of luck to us all!

Dave

Trust me boys...you must scratch most of the parts.We are on the hunt for originalparts for over 10 years..others longer.Every year a new story what it could be...but at the end...nothing.
I´m really happy that we know that the dynodes and expanders are originalparts.Most of the parts are over 30,40or 50 years old..who knows.They used old parts from harwarestores and shops in europe for the Originalmask.I bought so much old typewriters to find the original "1-4"and "LTRS"stamped linkages...but nothing.But I hope one day somebody has luck.Let me know!:p:):thumbsup

I wish you good luck on your endeavor.

I wish you good luck on your endeavor.

Thanks,my friend.But I´m not really on the hunt.I have a ROTJ Reveal with that I´m happy for now.But perhaps in the future..who knows?;)
@frogfreak:Hear what dcarty said.Thats all you need to know.Oh..and you will need lots of $ for this project if you want it really accurate.Thrust me.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks,my friend.But I´m not really on the hunt.I have a ROTJ Reveal with that I´m happy for now.But perhaps in the future..who knows?;)
@frogfreak:Hear what dcarty said.Thats all you need to know.Oh..and you will need lots of $ for this project if you want it really accurate.Thrust me.;)

You mean "trust me" not "thrust me". That sounds so wrong LOL!

Can you see anything when your wearing it?

I doubt anybody wore his VR (with the exception of the modded black series helmets). But visibility should be non existent due to the extra mesh with the shutters attached to it...check out the available reference pics of the VR´s inside and judge yourself ;)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back