Darth Vader ROTJ Reveal mask My build

Subscribed as well!! At last another epic Vader build!!!

This will turn in a great guide for sure!!

Great will and great attention to detail I feel!!:thumbsup

Regards,

Alberto

Last edited:
Thanks...I really hope it will look "epic"at the end!;)

Ok...I think its time to build the keys on the crown.The keys from portumac are way too small for my mask and wrong shape.The distance from to the keys to the sinkpart is very important.
Not only from the top..from the front look,too.

I made it with photocomparison...left is my mask...right the originalprop..you can see that the originalkeys are a lot longer:

19293635cj.jpg

My keys are also made from pics of the originalmask...left Originals...right my masters made from aluminium:

19293656ky.jpg

Its time to make a mold and casting a lot of keys...:)..:

19293666ez.jpg

Last edited:
Nice and that's exactly why I want to try the other set of keys that came with my mask ;) ... just need to undo the wrong ones and clean the inside from hotglue residu once I get some isopropyl rubbing alcohol :wacko

Chaim

No ... I don't ... just some light sanding, touching up and painting of the new keys and other parts which I'll put on . . . it does not have to look prestine ... I like it when it shows character from weathering, scratches and so on :)

Chaim

Last edited:
this is pretty awesome. Don't know if it helps, but I took this photo last year at the SW Tech Exhibit here in San Jose, CA.View attachment 367559

Oh..damn...the mask is complete black and the parts are different!I think I must start again,now!:eek:lol

No...joke..thanks for the great pic of the ROTS Reveal...but I´m building the version from ROTJ.;)

hklfilms thanks very much for that picture eventhough it's the Revenge of the Sith version ... it must have been great to see it for real, yes? :)

Chaim

I have copper ones. I'll check the codes when I'm home for you. There were a few different tubes that had copper dynodes.
I used to buy loads of tubes from Electron. I would buy all the faulty tubes in bulk and sell them on eBay many years ago.

Ok the next step are this "lines"on the front of the facemask.I wanna have this details in my mold.

19349622qx.jpg

I use fine wire for that.

19349653eq.jpg

Molded in the masksurface:

19350201yn.jpg

Next step is the lower edge of the bottompart..the most vaderhelmets having a great molded edge for comfortable wearing the facemask.But the reveal has a cutted egde and is slopy to the right side.So I made this too.First step is to cut the edge on the right height.

19350221dv.jpg

19353894zl.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back