Inhumans

Yeah, given that the AoS producers have said multiple times that they're being "allowed" to set up the film, it wouldn't make sense that there's suddenly problems between TV and movies and that's why they're cancelling the film...

There is just no good reason why any film would cost more than 300 million to make.

Well, i could see it if everyone wanted RDJ paydays for each flick - 100M per actor, 6 actors = 600M, but they'd probably just shut it down at that point or move to other characters for it.

There is a lot more going on between the lines as the television, creative team and Disney / Marvel are having a blow up. There was a huge argument between the Marvel creative team and the television division, to the point they broke up over it. The reason Joss Whedon noted the TV series had nothing to do with the movie franchises. It has gotten so vitriol and heated that the Agents of Shield was suppose to lead up to the "Inhumans" movie but now there is talk behind the scenes of cancelling the movie due to the arguing. Looking like the studios are having major issues and the best of Disney Marvel may be behind if they cannot get their teams back working together.

There has been some flak between the groups for the last year at least. If you read the end of this article, you will get an idea of what is going on. Ike Perlmutter is currently running the television franchises.
http://geektyrant.com/news/disney-co...um=popularhome

And the rumors of what is happening on the inside:
http://screenrant.com/inhumans-movie...-of-shield-tv/

Inhumans does seem to be the point where TV and film will link most effectively. I hope we get Coulson and Daisy into a movie with Black Bolt and Medusa. I think It would really solidify the MCU in a way that no other property has managed.

If I were writing this stuff I'd say the characters of the Inhumans film are distinctly different than the ones that arose in the TV series. The Inhumans of the film are more likely an ancient race while the folks in the series merely appropriated the name.

I think the rumors of the cancelled film are just rumors. I logged on to the Marvel site to download my digital copy of AoU and Inhumans is still listed in as an upcoming film.

There are some very real shake ups with the production creative team and writing right now. The main issue being creativity and money. THAT always is not good.
What I am seeing right now during this is a whole lot of posturing and with that, anything can happen.

Wasn't the "shakeup" pretty much the removal of a single crass, unpopular individual?

Last edited:
The entire creative team was nixed. The television and studio franchises are no longer cooperating with each other and are currently combative against each other. The creative works for the movies are now headed by Feige who has sole control on the direction of the moves and for the television series, Perlmutter.
Were things were set pretty well where things wanted to be going in Phase 1 and two, now things will be a bit more fluid in how they want to incorporate characters and the direction of the series. The plot line is pretty well established through phase three and it's debated from there how things will turn.
Both sides of the groups tv and movie had escalated and down played what is happening, but it was enough banter to push Whedon away as well you could hear his take as he was not happy with the tv end of the franchises.
Disney also is pushing hard on the Star Wars franchise and Marvel is not getting the start treatment they had before, as well funding is now more of an issue. Hence Disney considering Age of Ultron a failure for only bringing in 1.4 billion dollars when they expected 2 billion.

This is at least from what I am hearing from a few insiders as well the industry rags and my stock holder information.

Last edited:
That's a technique to identify who leaked the trailer. Everyone who receives "sensitive" material before official release gets it with a personal tag on the video, plus usually other data on overlay as well. Scott. B is in big trouble with Marvel now...

Last edited:
Scott Buck is the executive producer and showrunner for Inhumans. So it seems like either he or someone who had access to his tagged video leaked it.

Really disappointed with the editing on the last scene, hopefully it will be different in the show. Looked really impressive on the day, but in this it looks CG. The car flip was practical and they used the real actors, not stunt doubles. 6 or 7 cameras if I remember correctly, including the drone.

I'm not very enthusiastic about this series at all since I learned that Kevin Feige didn't even want it in the MCU series of films at all. It's presence is purely the brainchild of Ike Perlmutter who fought Feige constantly in the creation of Civil War and didn't want to spend the $$$ to have RDJ among other things. This battle came to a head during Civil War and resulted in Disney turning creative control of Marvel Studios thankfully to Feige when he threatened to quit over it. Disney was wise. Perlmutter remains CEO of Marvel Comics and has creative control over comic books with their crashing sales. This notoriously frugal guy seems to be running with his Inhumans series to parallel the X-Men. I couldn't be less excited about a show.

My thumbnail sketch reactions to the trailer: love Lockjaw. Hate damsel-in-distress, non-hair-use Medusa. Utterly ambivalent about everything else.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back