Inhumans

So was this thing sponsored by the Hawaiian holiday board?

Its not quite the train wreck I was expecting to be, but by god its slow.

How many times did we see Black Bolt and Medusa go up and down those stairs? 4? 5?

Continuity not great either, the comlink that gets taken and thrown away is suddenly back on the wrist at the end.

Still I'll probably keep watching, its not like I have to subscribe to a whole new service to get it at least.

I liked it. It was on the slow side, but, as opposed to most Marvel shows, i'd imagine that the vast majority of the audience (inlcuding me) knows nothing of these characters so you have to start slow to an extent to set the scene and story up.

If you're talking about the comlink on the lady that came back from the dead, Medusa tossed the comlink back on her body before she covered her up and left.

I rather enjoyed the first episode. I really don't see why it was being doted as some huge trainwreck. Sure, it was no 'season 1 of Daredevil', but what is? As far as a first episode I thought it was just as good as AOS. I'm looking forward to watching the season.

I don't really recall reading many Inhumans comics as a kid, seems like the stuff I read were mostly when they guest starred in others' books. So, maybe I'm a little out of touch with their powers. Obviously everyone knows what Black Bolt does and I just remember Karnak was some kind of super kung fu type of guy who could find the weakness in something and strike it. What's all these computerized light things he projects? I can't seem to recall Crystal's power, other than being Johnny Storm's girlfriend at one time, I don't remember her ever doing much. I wonder if they wrote in cutting Medusa's hair as a budgetary thing?

My only nitpicks were damn, I really wanted to see Black Bolt's wings, how does Gorgon's hooves disappear when he wears boots, and why can't these shows just use the original versions of these classic songs? I get so sick of these updated "millennial" versions of great tunes.

I thought the first two episodes were slow but thats common. I'd like for them to get a full season. My dog flipped out at Lockjaw

Crystal has complete control/manipulation over the 4 elements, earth, fire, air and water. Sort of like Avatar. but she can do cool stuff like tell how many people are in a room just by detecting their breaths

Haven't seen it at all and really know nothing about inhumans other than what Agents of Shield has showed us. Is this something I should check out, or not worth my time?

Haven't seen it at all and really know nothing about Inhumans other than what Agents of Shield has showed us. Is this something I should check out, or not worth my time?

It's 2 episodes in so far and it's not bad, I was expecting a total train wreck based on the trailer but I was pleasantly surprised at how good it actually was. I would say that it's a step below AoS, better than the episodes from the first half season or so, before Civil War came out and things really started to move on the show, but not quite as good as AoS at its best. I'd check it out and being only 2 episodes in you really won't be out much time if you end up not liking it.

It's 2 episodes in so far and it's not bad, I was expecting a total train wreck based on the trailer but I was pleasantly surprised at how good it actually was. I would say that it's a step below AoS, better than the episodes from the first half season or so, before Civil War came out and things really started to move on the show, but not quite as good as AoS at its best. I'd check it out and being only 2 episodes in you really won't be out much time if you end up not liking it.
Ok cool. Guess I'll see if my cable has it.

It isn't bad. It isn't great but it certainly isn't as bad as it could have been. Then again, I've never really been a fan of the Inhumans in the comics anyhow and since Marvel is trying to replace the X-Men with them... I can't see how it will be as good as they wish it was.

Yea Medusa's power is just lol. Karnak is a real cool character though. In the comics he actually turned down terrigenesis because of how it mutated his brother Triton. His weakness sensing and martial arts are a natural skill he's developed.

The Inhumans comics were actually pretty good when they went off to space years ago. The whole War of Kings arc after Anihillation and Conquest was one of the coolest storylines ever

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. wasn't even good enough to hold my attention.

Marvel has been kind of hit & miss on TV in my opinion. The fact that they don't have any consistent connectivity between the TV and movie characters is probably a big part of what spoils it for me. Would it be so hard to throw an occasional appearance in from an Avenger?

The Netflix shows are different. They range from great to meh. Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist are my order of preference.... with the last two practically in a tie.
They were good but I think they tend to drag a bit.

Inhumans doesn't even interest me. If I stuck with AoS I probably would have been disappointed to have so much lead up to the spin-off, but I hardly feel cheated.

I'm amused at those bitching about Medusa's hair. First that is Straight out of the comics, hell she was a member of the Fantastic 4 for a while. You're all thinking about soft Revlon hair, she can lift you up and throttle you or form it into a spike and impale you, or just plain flog you with it. Hopefully it will grow back quickly. Anson Mount is doing a great job while being handicapped by not being able to speak. Unfortunately I;m waiting for his brother to skin someone to get them into line.

I'm amused at those bitching about Medusa's hair. First that is Straight out of the comics, hell she was a member of the Fantastic 4 for a while. You're all thinking about soft Revlon hair, she can lift you up and throttle you or form it into a spike and impale you, or just plain flog you with it. Hopefully it will grow back quickly. Anson Mount is doing a great job while being handicapped by not being able to speak. Unfortunately I;m waiting for his brother to skin someone to get them into line.

I only complain about it because the wig was terrible. Once they bring it back, they need better effects.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back