Street Judge YoCo's WIP

Arrived:
- Lawgiver electronics kit (Whole kit is beautiful!, I think I'll spend this evening just watching it.)

Getting closer and closer.
Arrived:
- Belt accessories (breach mine, zip ties (4), flash bangs (2), Böker knife (con safe), gas grenade)

Here are photos of some of the costume parts.

I have 4 mags and the holster for the belt. Correct buckles are on their way.
Vest needs a few pieces of low profile velcro for the badge and front lower armor parts will be bent with heat gun and buckles will be changed.
Pads are still a bit too bright, they need to be blackwashed.
I need to attach the visor and padding to the helmet.

Belt1 (Medium).jpgBelt2 (Medium).jpgHelmet1 (Medium).jpgLeather1 (Medium).jpgVest3 (Medium).jpg

AustriAlpin buckles arrived!! Why hasn't anyone mentioned that how awesome they are?!?

I bet many more would upgrade their LN buckles if they knew the weight. E.g. LN 50mm buckles weigh c.140 grams each and real Cobras only 78 grams!! You have four of those in the vest in addition to the five 25mm buckles. Your vest and holster weigh 300+ grams less with the "correct" buckles than with the LN's cast metal buckles.
They are really expensive, I know, but I couldn't be a happier rookie at the moment. ;)

Badge attached to the vest with low profile velcro (still looks a bit like floating in the air). Respirator glued in. Original buckles and strap retainers have been removed from the boots. This weekend will be a busy one.

Thanks to everyone for following my progress, more photos soon!

Holster is nearly ready. I think I'll add an elastic bands to the thigh straps.
Holster (Medium).jpg

I ran out of chicago screws. I ordered more and I'll replace the chrome screws with black ones. All the necessary holes were drilled. I'll most likely replace the original lowest strap retainer (which I drilled out and attached back) with a screen accurate hero retainer (similar to the upper ones).
As you can see the Sidi (1st generation) buckles have three holes for attaching them and some use just two. I chose to use only the original "front" hole and drill two additional holes for the two lower buckles (Tuzo boots have only two buckles) and three holes for the top buckle. I'd suggest using painter light colored tape to help you mark the correct spots. Be careful when you drill because the inner fabric curls easily around the drill bit.
Grey suede should arrive early next week. Then I'll start gluing things together and cutting the extra boot material off.
I noticed that you can cut the shin armour with a x-acto knife, no Dremel or drill needed. (Tape is used only to keep the armour in place.)
Boots2 (Medium).jpg

Holster (Medium).jpg

Boots2 (Medium).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another 88 grams shaved off from the vest by replacing the two LeatherNext 1" buckles with the AustriAlpin buckles. That totals c. 336 grams off just with different (and screen correct) buckles.

Also painted the leather jacket shoulders (eagle and badge) with Goldfinger. Check Urban's jacket at the locker scene!

New black and a bit smaller chicago screws are just perfect for Sidi buckles and Tuzo boots.

Correct AustriAlpin buckles (3) for the holster straps.

Shin armour prepped for painting.
Shin1.jpg

Shin armour with the under layer of silver (cheap can of Maston 996).
Shin2.jpg

I'll spray them with hairspray and add black layer and weather them while the paint is still a bit wet.

Shin1.jpg

Shin2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back