Studio Scale Buck Rogers Starfighter available?

Robiwon

Master Member
Gone but not forgotten.
Just doing some Google searching. Seems Time Slip made a 22 inch resin kit of the Starfighter/Thunderfighter some time ago. Searching the forums here it seems that last year there was a hinted at SS kit in development that was to be rotocast. I can't find any more info than a few passing references to it. Did it ever come to be? Is there anything out there bigger than the old Monogram kit and the resin kit that's still available?

I just sold one of Timeslips Studio Scale thunderfighters in the junk yard last month.

Not sure if they still produce them though. I know he is banned from here the last I checked. :(

I saw that. I did check on TimeSlip, it has been out of production for some time. Thanks though.

Thanks. I looked at the site again and saw that it was George. I sent him an e-mail. Thanks again.

I've been toying with the idea of building a SS Thunderfighter. I grew up watching this show and always loved the look of the Thunderfighter. In watching the show again for details, I realized how cheesy it was but the Thunderfighter is still badass.

I've since found the paper craft Thunderfighter along with some variants and started to put one together. http://www.paperaviation.de/Thunderfighter/thunderfighter.html

Even in paper, it looks cool.

I'm still researching and figuring it all out, but will get to it sometime soon.

I just found out recently that this was originally a design for BSG. I'm assuming the Viper? Can anyone elaborate on the story or time line. I sent George an e-mail.

Thanks Mr. E Man, that first link you provided just about blew up my computer with spam and pop up adds. I don't think I'll click on the second link in your post.

Thanks Mr. E Man, that first link you provided just about blew up my computer with spam and pop up adds. I don't think I'll click on the second link in your post.

Y no have adblocker????

I'm on a mac and have ad blocker, had none of that nonsense... just sayin... They're scale views of the Thunderfighter, the 'Happy Birthday Buck' Thunderfighter, quad fighter and warhawk. Fairly good quality, but was made years ago with inferior graphics - very choppy. Nothing that can't be worked off of or fixed.

I'm on my work computer which has everything on it. Not sure what it was but my computer did not like it, and it normally blocks everything!

I can email them to you if you like since I already downloaded them. This way you avoid that site and it's shenanigans.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back