ANH Luke Macrobinocular Build

There is an easier way to put the seagull together without a back plate. If you drill through the center of the Bell and Howell and counter sink it you can put a screw right through the middle and cover it with the Seagull patterned plate.
View attachment 371093View attachment 371094

I'm about to tackle this part of my build. Marv ... I like this method, but I have a question. If you take this route, does this screw become the axis on which the knob turns, or do you epoxy this screw in place, then use another method for allowing the knob to turn? Any help much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the “mystery” part male portion of the plug. It’s truly amazing how close the resin parts are to accurate. I’m looking forward to getting a female end and upgrading my macros. Thanks for the hard work guys!

I'm about to tackle this part of my build. @Marv ... I like this method, but I have a question. If you take this route, does this screw become the axis on which the knob turns, or do you epoxy this screw in place, then use another method for allowing the knob to turn? Any help much appreciated!
Yes my intention doing it that way was so that the thread became the axis. On my build I need a longer threaded screw, but also need to clear a bit out of the body work to get the bolts on at the back end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did this work for you? I tried something similar but feel I may have to use some epoxy on the nut, as it keeps loosening when I turn the knob counter-clockwise, or look for a different solution. Thanks!

I used a large thin nylon washer behind the Seagull knob that was about 1mm thick to space the knob from the Eumig body and another small nylon washer between the inside of the Eumig body and the Nylock nut on the inside of the Eumig so the Seagull knob would turn if desired. You can see the metal backer piece I epoxied in to fix my bad measuring/drilling....hey it's my first movie prop replica

View attachment 371248

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase a metal transition box? It's the only thing I need for my build. I would appreciate any help!

Re: ANH Luke Macrobinocular Build transition box

hi Guys
I’m trying to locate a transition box, does anyone do them still or have a spare?
Kind regards
Craig

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back