ANH Luke Macrobinocular Build

But according to chad you made the plate a few thousands over the russrep plate, you even had the plate and sent it back with your new one. He told this is what his plan was months ago, I told him more than a couple times to get russ's permission.
Go to off topic you will see the text in " recast allert "

- - - Updated - - -

Chad , i thought you told me you used some ones template to make the transition box.
Whos transition did you use ro make your template ?

- - - Updated - - -

Chad , i thought you told me you used some ones template to make the transition box.

I ended up having to change a couple of dimensions slightly, and especially the lens spacing,
I have a lot going on and am not familiar with you or any project you are working on,
This was something that one of my customers wanted and I made a few extra,
If you are having a problem with anything I am doing you are free to call me and we can discuss it.
contact info on my web site

But according to chad you made the plate a few thousands over the russrep plate, you even had the plate and sent it back with your new one. He told this is what his plan was months ago, I told him more than a couple times to get russ's permission.
Go to off topic you will see the text in " recast allert "

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

My transition box was purchased form Marv early on in my build. I noticed a few things I would personally change. For instance I'd make it slightly taller to clear the triangle part a few 32nds. There was a posted template in one of the threads, that if I remember correctly the designer gave permission to use. This was not what I used to draw up my design which I haven't done anything with.

As as far as the plate goes, Dave made it as he described. I've never made any parts to sell, only discussed it. After this whole thing, it's pretty clear why you're upset, there's an available plate before yours is available. I'm not a re caster, I just had a part made close to the screen pics, designed better than the one I had so it would work correctly. I contacted Russ several times on here, Facebook, and email from when I bought the plate. I let him know it was a defective one and what was wrong with it. I never heard back. There's only a few ways to make this plate and for it to be screen accurate and work correctly, not sure how doing what I did it re casting. In reality we are all re casters of Lucas Film props.

Re casting to me is taking a part and copying it exactly - making a mold of the part and making exact copies. Not what I did, nor would I do this.

again, thanks for bombing my thread, you have my cell number. Maybe you should have called me and let me know you were making a lens plate and other parts and that you thought I am a re caster. I've never built a prop before, never thought about making and offering parts before, or know much of the ends and outs of all this, BUT what I do know is that I haven't recast any parts or done anything knowingly to take anything from anyone.

Your recast alert thread about me is very distorted as well Jerry. We discussed your mystery box, and I agreed it was yours and dropped my idea to make a metal part. We also discussed the Russ rep piece, the pic of our texting was several months ago and since Dave designed it the way he saw best, one that is screen accurate and worked. Please stop blowing this out of proportion.

My transition box was purchased form Marv early on in my build. I noticed a few things I would personally change. For instance I'd make it slightly taller to clear the triangle part a few 32nds. There was a posted template in one of the threads, that if I remember correctly the designer gave permission to use. This was not what I used to draw up my design which I haven't done anything with.

As as far as the plate goes, Dave made it as he described. I've never made any parts to sell, only discussed it. After this whole thing, it's pretty clear why you're upset, there's an available plate before yours is available. I'm not a re caster, I just had a part made close to the screen pics, designed better than the one I had so it would work correctly. I contacted Russ several times on here, Facebook, and email from when I bought the plate. I let him know it was a defective one and what was wrong with it. I never heard back. There's only a few ways to make this plate and for it to be screen accurate and work correctly, not sure how doing what I did it re casting. In reality we are all re casters of Lucas Film props.

Re casting to me is taking a part and copying it exactly - making a mold of the part and making exact copies. Not what I did, nor would I do this.

again, thanks for bombing my thread, you have my cell number. Maybe you should have called me and let me know you were making a lens plate and other parts and that you thought I am a re caster. I've never built a prop before, never thought about making and offering parts before, or know much of the ends and outs of all this, BUT what I do know is that I haven't recast any parts or done anything knowingly to take anything from anyone.

Your recast alert thread about me is very distorted as well Jerry. We discussed your mystery box, and I agreed it was yours and dropped my idea to make a metal part. We also discussed the Russ rep piece, the pic of our texting was several months ago and since Dave designed it the way he saw best, one that is screen accurate and worked. Please stop blowing this out of proportion.

Sorry but I didn't supply the transition box I was asking about getting one :)
It may have been Eneswade I think he did a small run on these a little while ago.

Plaque came in...need a acrylic stand for it!

IMG_4749_zpscdbmbqsr.jpg

This thread has been a huge help! I have the Eumig and the Bell, and a threaded plate. Im sure its going to take years for me to finish, but if they look half as nice as yours when done Ill be super happy!

Thanks
Tom

Thanks guys this means a lot, truly! All the parts are easy, except the Kalimar Six Sixty. I'm always here to help, just ask, thanks again!

Has ever anyone painted their real parts macro as it was in the movies? Or seen someone do it?

Everyone adds the parts together, but no painting.

Has ever anyone painted their real parts macro as it was in the movies? Or seen someone do it?

I painted the 2 aluminum lens focus rings grey to match the OE Kalimar grey color as close as I could. I like the yellow & red details in the low relief grey lens ring numbers and interpreted the screen shots of the base aluminum ring as silver as the Kalimar came from the factory. I think Killer Dozer painted all his lenses grey.

Last edited:
Hey I am doing my build and I think I have all the parts. I need the mystery box and belt clip. Can someone help me out with these parts?

Thanks,

Rick

Hey Rick. I make a mystery box. I'll upload a pic tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

I paint the lenses on every pair I make. Isn't screen accurate until you do.

I paint the lenses on every pair I make. Isn't screen accurate until you do.

I have to admit ..... atm i think i like it better unpainted. But as you said, not screen accurate.

That´s why i´m building 2 heros (and 1 stunt) ... and decide after that. :wacko :D

But i still need one last lens, and 2 transition boxes.

Only as much as i can. :D

4 now, need 5 - but didn´t get the last 2 i saw. One i missed the endtime of auction, another was a good bin price, but i stupid tried to go cheap with a lower price suggestion offer. Then someone else used buy it now. Seems i deserved it. :lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back