ANH Luke Macrobinocular Build

That's what I need to find or somehow get round to making? Does anyone have a good template for the transition box?

Mounted the lens plate to the Eumig

005_zps8a633f67.jpg

Mocked up T box and view finder

006_zps2648cc69.jpg

007_zps5357a148.jpg

Yup transition box to be made too. My local fabrication shop I use with work has just bought a lazer cutter that he is dying to play with. I was planning to give him the template for the box to do. I,ll quite happily get him to run off more than one, I'm sure there is a template on one of the tutorials but it has no sizes on it.
Looking good hb, do the lenses screw into the lens plate?

Yup transition box to be made too. My local fabrication shop I use with work has just bought a lazer cutter that he is dying to play with. I was planning to give him the template for the box to do. I,ll quite happily get him to run off more than one, I'm sure there is a template on one of the tutorials but it has no sizes on it.
Looking good hb, do the lenses screw into the lens plate?
I'd certainly be very interested if this could be done.

Painted and weathered the transition box, installed the Seagull knobs (yeah I know), and mounted it to the Eumig using the original brass screws that held the lens bracket that was stripped.

002_zps0a0f23fd.jpg

I used the screw holes in the chrome view finder bracket, tapped the transition box holes, and my shim with some of the throw away screws from stripping all the cameras. So far my macros are all metal and no resin parts.

003_zps4d4a1e8f.jpg

005_zps6855104e.jpg

004_zpsd8afc2a1.jpg

006_zpsb9dab53f.jpg

I still need to make the pie shaped box with the mesh end and the knob from the stripped Eumig that goes next to the transition box and the mystery box. I'm really happy how this is coming out for my first Star Wars prop

Hi there, I'm Gino from Deventer, The Netherlands.Does anybody know if "Russrep" still makes the lenseplates by any chance?Or anybody else for that matter.I just acquired the Eumig servomatic with the right film cover (not the ribbed one) and round logo.I can check for extra Kalimar Six/sixty cameras as I need those myself, on Dutch and German Collector events, if some of you guys are interested in those.

So I figured out how to mount the lenses to the aluminum RussRep lens plate. RussRep did a really amazing well thought out design on his plate. The Kalimar camera is basically destroyed in this build, so I prayed off the raised plate around the lens to release the threaded ring the lens threads into. And what do you know, RussRep machined his plate for this part....I feel so stupid! LOL, I'll find the screws and mount it up tonight with some pictures. I guess all it takes is another thread to motivate me, one more step closer to finishing this build. I still need a few parts and one more Kalimar

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back