Clay and Vytaflex?

thnkling

So I'm thinking about sculpting out the body armor details for my MOS costume. Does it matter what kind of clay I use with Vytaflex? I'm going to make the mold and cast out of vytaflex. I have some mold release but I'm not sure what else I'll need since urethane rubber is super iffy about what it gets in contact with. I was thinking about getting some sculpey or firm clay just for ease of modeling.

Thanks!

I used brush on 40 urethane rubber, it works well with mold release and without it too, doesnt stick to rebound 25, i used it forcasting my helmet necks

I was thinking about using NSP (sulfur-free) non-drying clay, since I already have some. And looking at the MSDS for vytaflex and apparently all you need is a mold release agent. So I might try that first.

But you want the urethane rubber for molding or casting? I use chavant nsp for sculpting and i mold it with rebound 25 then cast rubber pieces or plastic depending the part

I'd suggest a silicone mould and urethane castings. Even with mould release, one missed spot and your mould is done for. Silicone is the only thing that reacts to clays, urethane will set up against any oil based clay.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back