The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Does anyone have any size comparisons of the Legends helmet to other makers? I need a helmet, but I've got a head size of 58cm (23 inches) and the Legends helmet seems huge even on big heads.

Well, I placed an order 2 days ago from hjackets and haven't heard anything from them and can't seem to contact them. The Vol. 2 jacket looks like the version 2 jacket that was on USAJacket, but its not shown on that site anymore. It looks like a reasonably accurate jacket for the money. I will keep this thread posted on how the order goes and post pics if/when I get the jacket.

UPDATE: I just got an email response from hjackets confirming they received my order. I asked them to confirm that the jacket I ordered in the picture is the one they are shipping. Another interesting item, the email response I got from them actually came from Black Leather Jacket website. They must be sister sites or the same company with different websites? Will post pics once delivered.

Any word on the jacket?

Not much. They confirmed they have the order and that they would ship the jacket within 5 days of processing it. They said they would provide me with shipping information too I ordered it on the 9th. I will post an update on the shipping when I hear from them.

So as it turns out my Star Lord pin also works great for a low key geeky lapel pin for when you're forced to go to a wedding...
e26ee5b99011d9b218bb9e8d6cccd977.jpg

signal-2017-08-18-000238.jpeg
Does anyone have any size comparisons of the Legends helmet to other makers? I need a helmet, but I've got a head size of 58cm (23 inches) and the Legends helmet seems huge even on big heads.

this is my legends series helmet and i have just as big of a head as you have.

I saw someone post about the DFYM jacket earlier but has anyone bought the whole costume?

I would also like to know if anyone has seen the DFYM Cosplayshow Star Lord Costumes in person. I am about to purchase the complete costume from them... but would really appreciate any reviews of the quality and accuracy etc. Cheers.

20862006_1924952307722479_9200811633128651329_o.jpg

In some of the pictures the legends helmet looks a little bobble head but in others (like this one) I think it looks alright. The new Xcoser is in a very similar size too. It's not comfortable to wear though I'm getting some additional padding for it.

It's really more of a full-cover mask than a helmet, made to conform to the face much like a gas mask, which is evident every time Quill activates it. If your cheeks are not touching up against the sides with minimal padding, then it's probably "too big", if that is a concern. Having broad shoulders (or padding, within reason) can of course compensate for that. An extra inch or two circumference makes a huge difference in volume and how it looks. Through my years working with costumes and props, I've gotten the impression that adult-size helmets are usually made large enough to encompass heads up to 24" or even 25" to maximize sales since a large helmet can still be worn on a small head.

Look how tight it sits around the top of Pratt's head:
dcd396e758719940cbcaa55c0726240e--star-lord-cosplay-star-lord-costume.jpg

I added some interior padding to mine to help with the fit as well as where it rests on the bridge of the nose. Made a significant difference in comfort.

2db5485c450bce1b888257c269fdbdb2.jpg

724dfc5c9c99927319ee48ff5d4f03a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I added some interior padding to mine to help with the fit as well as where it rests on the bridge of the nose. Made a significant difference in comfort.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170819/2db5485c450bce1b888257c269fdbdb2.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170819/724dfc5c9c99927319ee48ff5d4f03a4.jpg

The eyes are looking great too, so I take it you managed to clean the fog off the lenses that everyone's been complaining about?

The eyes are looking great too, so I take it you managed to clean the fog off the lenses that everyone's been complaining about?

Actually, I drilled out the original lenses and put the lenses from my XCoser into the helm and redid the lighting.

Actually, I drilled out the original lenses and put the lenses from my XCoser into the helm and redid the lighting.

Such a shame every model gets *some* things right, but then falters elsewhere. To get what most people here would be satisfied with requires a lot of tech skills and mixing and matching.

Hi everyone, first time posting here but long time lurker so thanks for all your help previously. Does anyone know what rating of magnet is in their holsters? I'm guessing N52? I'm trying to DIY a new pair.

Anyone have any suggestions for the boots used in Vol2? I got a pair with the DFYM costume but these are super loose around the calf and the leg guards/spats fall down

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back