The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

have a leather mock-up Starlord bag for 50

I already bought a short jacket, but I might be interested in the bag... depends on how my funds are when I finish with the other essentials. Spats are my main priority right now, but pre-made is too expensive :( I need some advise with making my own out of this uber soft pleather material I bought a yard of :/

It's really easy to buy and attach fabric facing that stiffens up material. I'm pretty sure there are iron on versions, and they would make the soft pleather act a lot more like stiff leather. Available at all fabric stores, and probably lots of places like Walmart as well.

I'm still working on the GOTG v1 pants, but I'm having a hard time finding a decent res image of the back of them. I know there's a zipper on each side, and something that looks like a tab behind the knee? This is the best image I've been able to find, but it's too small...

7469c0a1df8358101010572134fd252b--starlord-costume-starlord-cosplay.jpg

Hi guys, I received my new helmet today and I want to share this with you :)

The seller describe it as 1:1 real life size, I think indeed that we are very close. I drop you some pictures with the Hasbro Marvel Legend helm to compare.

20180924_140241.jpg20180924_140220.jpg
Is really smaller than the Hasbro.

The Marvel Legends helm that everyone knows:

20180924_140428.jpg

The new helmet:

20180924_140720.jpg20180924_140643.jpg20180924_140704.jpg

No bubble head anymore :)

There are many things to fix (eyes light, the back part.....), but this helmet is really good. It's the most size accurate I've ever seen !

The complete costume :thumbsup

20180924_154655.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up the merchoid vol 2 shirt.

The quality is excellent. Pattern cutting, fabric and color are spot on, though they run a little big size wise.

Hi guys, I received my new helmet today and I want to share this with you :)

The seller describe it as 1:1 real life size, I think indeed that we are very close. I drop you some pictures with the Hasbro Marvel Legend helm to compare.

View attachment 844387View attachment 844388
Is really smaller than the Hasbro.

The Marvel Legends helm that everyone knows:

View attachment 844391

The new helmet:

View attachment 844392View attachment 844393View attachment 844394

No bubble head anymore :)

There are many things to fix (eyes light, the back part.....), but this helmet is really good. It's the most size accurate I've ever seen !

The complete costume :thumbsup

View attachment 844406

Woah dude! where did you get that it looks perfectly in proportion! Also does anyone know if Hasbro stopped producing the SL helmets? The prices have shot up and out the roof. Almost 400 bucks now on amazon! :facepalm Shoulda got it on sale a few months ago when it was 70 bucks.:(

I agree that helmet is perfect sized. I was taken back when I saw a 1:1 helmet in my local comic store. But looking at pics Chris Pratt does have a pretty big head

Woah dude! where did you get that it looks perfectly in proportion! Also does anyone know if Hasbro stopped producing the SL helmets? The prices have shot up and out the roof. Almost 400 bucks now on amazon! :facepalm Shoulda got it on sale a few months ago when it was 70 bucks.:(

that looks great!! where did you get it?

After several tries, it's actually a little smaller than the size of Chris Pratt's helmet. Putting your head inside is a real fight, especially with long hair.

Guys, this helmet is the Roan Toys Star Lord Helmet, I got it from KGHobby at 100€ (~120$).

This is some official pictures:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Is not a perfect helmet but with some modifications it will be good. It is the most size accurate I've seen at this price. But at least I do not have a bubble head anymore.

Hoping to have helped you :D

After several tries, it's actually a little smaller than the size of Chris Pratt's helmet. Putting your head inside is a real fight, especially with long hair.

Guys, this helmet is the Roan Toys Star Lord Helmet, I got it from KGHobby at 100€ (~120$).

This is some official pictures:

View attachment 844857View attachment 844858View attachment 844859View attachment 844860

Is not a perfect helmet but with some modifications it will be good. It is the most size accurate I've seen at this price. But at least I do not have a bubble head anymore.

Hoping to have helped you :D
SWEET thanks dude. At how crazy flippin expensive the Hasbro has gotten this is probably my best shot!:)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SWEET thanks dude. At how crazy flippin expensive the Hasbro has gotten this is probably my best shot!:)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think Hasbro only produces these for the year they come out and that's all. I am currently trying to find a good source for this Roan helmet, but everywhere I go it's not available.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back