The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Almost there. This is a solid test print done on my own machine. I'm having the final version done plated metal and brass.

comm_preview.jpg

26102268_1531982686851184_1358539192_o.jpg26104841_1531982680184518_820896740_o.jpg26108104_1531730973543022_1070636543_o.jpg26178220_1531984803517639_1730243006_o.jpg26194201_1531731136876339_300082669_o.jpg26177939_1531731170209669_1432305638_o.jpg26178495_1531731173543002_1138864225_o.jpg

Hey guys! As promised, here's a little review of the Star Lord Vol. 2 vest and pants from White Sheep Leather :)

First off, the jacket; gotta say, the pattern is basically spot on. The jacket moves around in a pretty strange way, since it's part cordura, part leather, but it looks pretty incredible. Leather on the flap and on the back/neck armor needs to be softened a bit, but otherwise, I spent a good 30 minutes comparing it to the on-screen design and it matches pretty faithfully to me. The tailoring is perfect for me, I'm a perfect M for their tailoring and it fits me like a glove. Like I said though, the open flap on their jacket is still quite stiff, and it won't stay open. I'm just holding it using my pin in the pictures.

For comparison, there's my BlackLeatherJacket faux leather one. I mean, I say comparison but the BlackLeatherJacket pattern was made when barely any info was released so it looks really simple. (Also ordered a size too large for the BLJ)

The pants, on the other hand. That's a bit of a different story. First of all they ain't brown. They're basically dark red, same as the jacket. Now it's cordura, it can be weathered and darkened, which I intend to do, but it's just something to think about. Hell, if you were to order it, I think you could contact them and ask for it in brown. I asked for a custom fit, but the pants are still a tad loose, so I'll have to tighten them up a bit. The pants are not as accurate as the jacket, but it's more interesting than the brown pants I used to wear. So, all in all, the pants require a bit of work, if I'm honest, but it's very manageable, and I'm super happy with the result so far.

Recommend the jacket 100%, pants if you can put the work in! :)

Wow that jacket looks amazing. I’m definitely going to get one. You said the medium fits like a glove, what size are you? I’m 37” in chest and 17” shoulders and not sure if their small would be perfect or go for their medium.

Thank you! This is what the metal version ended up looking like:
View attachment 785136
Amazing details, mine is permanently glued to my jacket but I'm planning to get the v2 trench just have not seen one I truly like. If I find one or get one made I'll most deff pick one up. It shows you not only spent hours researching the details but also hours in labor, from me being a artist the one thing I can say the smaller the piece the much harder the details.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wow that jacket looks amazing. I’m definitely going to get one. You said the medium fits like a glove, what size are you? I’m 37” in chest and 17” shoulders and not sure if their small would be perfect or go for their medium.

I'm a 36 inch chest. I could stand to fill it out a bit more in the chest though. So I think M would fit you fine. S might be too tight.

Okay, I really like that jacket. Most of the patterning is very accurate. Doesn't look like the cordura section in front has the texture, but maybe that could be stenciled on in some fashion?

Whitesheep Orders take like a month from experience. Ordered it around November 16th, got it December 26th.

I'm glad you all like the jacket from Whitesheep leather, I helped them design it over the course of a few months. I sent tons of reference photos, patterns and revisions back and forth. Tell them Vincent sent you when you order and you might get a small discount. I am getting the newest revision sometime next week and I'll make sure to post pics.

The only difference from the jacket Slimshadow457 has is, I had them change the shade of red (personal preference) and slight curvature change on the open flap.

I truly believe, for the price ($200+ shipping), you can't get a better jacket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I really like that jacket. Most of the patterning is very accurate. Doesn't look like the cordura section in front has the texture, but maybe that could be stenciled on in some fashion?

No, the cordura doesn't have any printing on it for the texture. I think the texture of the cordura looks fine personally, but you could look into it. I don't think you can print over cordura easily, however. Especially when it's all already sewn together.

I'm glad you all like the jacket from Whitesheep leather, I helped them design it over the course of a few months. I sent tons of reference photos, patterns and revisions back and forth. Tell them Vincent sent you when you order and you might get a small discount. I am getting the newest revision sometime next week and I'll make sure to post pics.

The only difference from the jacket Slimshadow457 has is, I had them change the shade of red (personal preference) and slight curvature change on the open flap.

I truly believe, for the price ($200+ shipping), you can't get a better jacket.

Ah, I didn't know you helped with the pattern too! :) Some parts of the pattern I recognized from what I sent over, then some other pieces were a bit different and I wondered why, now I know x) Interested to see what red you went for, I specifically asked for this one because I thought it matched closer. Did you ask for a change in the cordura or the leather?

Objectively I have to agree too, though. You can't really beat it for the price at the moment. I've been breaking in the jacket for about a week and a half now, and it's really starting to feel nice and comfortable and the leather is going a bit softer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I didn't know you helped with the pattern too! :) Some parts of the pattern I recognized from what I sent over, then some other pieces were a bit different and I wondered why, now I know x) Interested to see what red you went for, I specifically asked for this one because I thought it matched closer. Did you ask for a change in the cordura or the leather?

Objectively I have to agree too, though. You can't really beat it for the price at the moment. I've been breaking in the jacket for about a week and a half now, and it's really starting to feel nice and comfortable and the leather is going a bit softer.

I think the texture of the cordura looks fine too. Ah that explains why some pieces changed on me LOL! I was like no no no, fix that! I studied the film jacket like crazy, sent about 40 pics and sent computer drawn patterns to them. You happy with the pattern? I went with a slightly brighter red stretch cordura, like they use on their Cap suits. I left the leather as is. I also asked for mine to be NOT weathered and I'll do it myself.

Would you change anything? After I get this one, I'm going to go over it and send them any fixes if needed. Let me know =]

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back