The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Does anybody on this forum have any measurements/a pattern for the Vol. 2 spats? I'm putting together a Star Lord cosplay from the end of Vol. 2 and that's just about the only thing I have left to make. Thanks.

Ditto. I’m trying to source some accurate buckles, too, if anyone has a lead.

Can someone also possibly fill me in on the stamping pattern on these, and how they achieved it? It looks to me like an angled repetition of the same small squares to give almost a carbon fiber look. Any thoughts?

Anyone have a spot for a decent pair of Vol 2 pants? Not really picky about them, just want something decent but something I can be assured will arrive in time for Halloween as a backup plan, since I'm losing confidence on getting mine from a project run here in time.

For my buckles I just went ahead and picked up some parachute clips, now I just need to make the black part of the spats with the leather I've got lying around the two leather pieces connecting to the clip on the belt.

Hey guys!

Finally starting the first run of my Star Lord screen accurate jacket, check it out!
1be87c1607f1331e94c549cc1b6506bf.jpg

You're jacket looks slightly different than the picture they have on HJackets. There isn't that extra darker leather material under the armpits. And that collar that pops out is a brighter red

I searched amazon for "mens moto pants" and found some good ones for around $20-$30. Or "Burgandy mens moto pants". If you get a khaki pair, there's a video on YouTube that shows you how to dye them. They came out looking extremely good! Search "DIY Star-Lord pants" on YouTube for the video

You're jacket looks slightly different than the picture they have on HJackets. There isn't that extra darker leather material under the armpits. And that collar that pops out is a brighter red
I don't think they have very accurate versions in hjackets, I only compare it to the original ;)

Really? do they offer women sizing?

Here is the actual product page....
https://www.black-leatherjacket.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-star-lord-trench-coat

I think this trench is based off the "Hot Toys" Star-Lord figure. Which is not to say entirely screen accurate. But it is still leaps and bounds better than other trench coats you would get from overseas.

The most glaring issue. The vertical panels are maybe a little slim. And the brown panel on the front. It has white stitching. They should look more like this pic..sizing, hardware, etc. Maybe not a problem depending on how 'accurate' you need it to be.

review_starlord_large.jpg

As far as women's sizing, I really do not know. They do 'custom' size. Maybe you can send them your measurements and ask them if they can make it in women's size. If you do end up ordering it, you might consider asking them to just not bother with that white stitching. Have a clean slate to install hardware.

Also, the bag does not come with the trench. Which is fine. There is better out there.

Here is the actual product page....
https://www.black-leatherjacket.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-star-lord-trench-coat

I think this trench is based off the "Hot Toys" Star-Lord figure. Which is not to say entirely screen accurate. But it is still leaps and bounds better than other trench coats you would get from overseas.

The most glaring issue. The vertical panels are maybe a little slim. And the brown panel on the front. It has white stitching. They should look more like this pic..sizing, hardware, etc. Maybe not a problem depending on how 'accurate' you need it to be.

View attachment 761480

As far as women's sizing, I really do not know. They do 'custom' size. Maybe you can send them your measurements and ask them if they can make it in women's size. If you do end up ordering it, you might consider asking them to just not bother with that white stitching. Have a clean slate to install hardware.

Also, the bag does not come with the trench. Which is fine. There is better out there.

I have that trench and love it. I modified the front panel, shoulder piece, and made a forearm bracer but I agree, it's the best overseas Vol. 1 trench I've seen.

e7802dab768906456120caa3da3df02d.jpg

96193f9834b0863d0f73d11450334125.jpg

5c05cf0e2cae28fc6d9e3bd5350a0532.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE2: Great news! The jacket from hjackets.com arrived today. The order was placed on Aug. 9th, so 3 weeks to get it made and shipped from Pakistan. Overall the communication was hit and miss. It took a few days to get confirmation they got the order and was proceeding. I emailed them weekly to check status and I always got a response of some kind. One thing to note, I ordered a 2XL, but they sent me an XL. Lucky for me it actually fit nicely, so I am not upset. For reference, I am 6'4" with a typical sleeve length of 36" and 44" chest.

The review: First of all, it is NOT the masterpiece that Zlurpo created. However, for less than $200 it is a very nice replica jacket for those on a budget(or with wives that make us stay on a budget..haha). I will need to fix a few snaps and make a few modifications, but it is real and very soft sheep leather and canvas with good quality stitching. It has 2 nice sized inside pockets that could easily fit a Zune! Looking at it from the back, it looks like it could be taken in a bit for a better fit...will get it to my seamstress tomorrow.View attachment 755648View attachment 755649View attachment 755650View attachment 755651View attachment 755652View attachment 755653

Looks great, except the flap on the back of it. They left a lot of the details that is on the stock photo. Did you let them know? Was thinking on getting it, but that part of the jacket is what I really like and is missing on most of the other jackets off other sites

Finally got around to finishing a couple of angled Volume 2 Element Guns. Well, almost finished... I still have to add some screws and do some final tweaking. These are for a static display which is why there are wires running out the sides of the grips, which were hydro-dipped and sealed with about 8-10(!) sprayings of clear to add "depth". I'm fairly pleased with the metal finish- Alclad II paints for the bright metal, sealed with 2-part automotive clear before weathering. Gunmetal color is a mix of Vallejo's "Metalizer" range (basically an acrylic, more matte variant of Alclad that doesn't need sealing). The gunmetal is not sealed, but sprayed over the white metal and clear, which will let it weather and scratch naturally over time.

Vol2BLJFX.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back