The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

20180520152138.jpg
thought i post a picture from my cosplay :)
picture taken by "greencat"

Yep I commissioned SIQ clothing to do the shirt. The Areo Rig, belt and spat’s are rocketeer and the pants are Danny Lopez. The scanner is Soul Inertia.

Anyone can explain to me how I can grap my Sony Walkman to my belt [emoji28]. I have the original Sony Walkman and I can’t to modifier that for stay in the real value of the Walkman [emoji1308] thanks

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Was so excited that my USA jackets jacket showed up and while the jacket quality is good it does not match the measurements I sent and is a bit too small. Since it's a custom size they won't take a return (despite their return policy not being included in their emails or on the mobile site). Doh!

where did you get the jacket? and did you distress it yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

where did you get the jacket? and did you distress it yourself?

The Jacket os from "Big Effect Props" aka. Zlurpo and I did the weathering myself. I used shoe polish and water. A sponge and different brushes. That methode takes forever but you can go easily lighter or darker by mixing it with water and you can get really precice. :)

I have an extra Starlord Vol1 trenchcoat from Blackleatherjackets, received wrong size , it’s a XL in Leather I need to move PM me if anyone interested

Whipped this up for my 6yo son's costume, figured it might be of use to someone. Designed to print flat for strength, no assembly, no supports. Wasnt going for true screen accuracy, just something close, that was visually interesting, easy to print and more or less matched up with the few screen-refs I could find.

IMG_1939.PNGIMG_1947.JPG

Pictured at 80% size for my 6yo. At .15mm layers (this is the first test print for sizing)

Note: this does print with a flat on the back for easy printing/mounting

STL File one thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3068840
Fusion 360 link https://a360.co/2PFzaMx

Hello everybody! Just found this thread about a week ago, and I've finally gone through all of the posts. What great work guys & gals!!! 1st time cosplayer myself, working on my Starlord GOTG v1/v2 hybrid costume for NYCC in a few weeks. It's hybrid because it's gotten pretty tough to find v1 stuff and I CANNOT make that jacket myself :lol

I'm making my own pants, to the best of my (limited) ability and on a TIGHT budget. I'm having a very hard time getting info on what is below the striped pattern in the front, there are many discrepancies I've come across... did he wear two different versions of pants in the 1st movie? The best closeup I have is a photo of the hot toys figure, but it looks very different below the stripes compared to other photos I've seen, especially the ones early in the thread of the actual costume on display.

I'm trying to make the spats myself but am having a really tough time... #1 does anyone have a template they can share? #2 I'm using pleather from Hobby Lobby, and it's VERY supple (aka flimsy)... how can I stiffen it up a bit, is there something I can adhere to its fuzzy (loose felt?) backing?

Thanks in advance guys, and thank you for this amazing thread!!!

HOT TOYS PQ Pants - vs MARVEL POSTER

Star Lord Pants - Hot Toys.jpgStar Lord Pants - Marvel Poster.jpg

Bill

Last edited:
I have the best made Starlord V1 long coat from Blackleatherjackets.... Brand new in box for shipping for 225.00 shipped that’s 100 off retail ... XL size but more like a Lrg size to me.. I had to order a bigger size...LMK... also have a leather mock-up Starlord bag for 50 and can Redbox with jacket if interested... I can send picture of bag if you text or email jacket can be seen on the sight or just ask anyone here of the quality... see page 119-120 of other worn pics

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back