The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Yes! Got my jacket and it's awesome. I asked for real leather on the red areas instead of faux and I'm not honestly sure if it's leather or not, but it's still good. I did custom sizing and it fits perfect. I've airbrushed the weathering on the cordura and still deciding how I want to do the leather weathering (trying to not spend $25 on 3 colors of Angelus paint). I want to post a pic but I just realized I don't know how in the RPF lol

As someone who hasn't seen Infinity War yet and plans to upgrade his costume to Infinity War but doesn't want to google it for fear of spoilering himself, how much of the costume has changed and does anyone have any spoiler-free pictures of the whole costume? It looks to be the same jacket as Vol 2 and just a different shirt. Is there anything else new? Does the Zune make an appearance? I've only really seen pictures of him from the waist up in Infinity War.

Same short jacket as Vol 2, and the same pants that he switches to when he puts on the short jacket. Vol 2 boots, but with the boot rockets and no Aero Rig. I don't remember seeing the Zune anywhere.

As someone who hasn't seen Infinity War yet and plans to upgrade his costume to Infinity War but doesn't want to google it for fear of spoilering himself, how much of the costume has changed and does anyone have any spoiler-free pictures of the whole costume? It looks to be the same jacket as Vol 2 and just a different shirt. Is there anything else new? Does the Zune make an appearance? I've only really seen pictures of him from the waist up in Infinity War.

Zune is implied to be on the Milano. But not seen.

Minor Spoiler, not plot significant.
The first time you see the GOTG. They are listening to a song called "The Rubberband Man". Gunn has confirmed it's on the Zune.

imagejpeg

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 814189View attachment 814190

My my buddy took these at The El Capitan in Hollywood

Same short jacket as Vol 2, and the same pants that he switches to when he puts on the short jacket. Vol 2 boots, but with the boot rockets and no Aero Rig. I don't remember seeing the Zune anywhere.

I'm almost certain the boot rockets are directly from Vol 1. There were no closeups of them in IW, but all the major par and details were there. No reason to redesign them really. The mounting plates are slightly different though.

Also, in IW, he used the Volume 2 angled Element Guns exclusively, even for closeups (of which there were quite a few). It was very clear the angle was there even when he held them almost flat from the side. They were more heavily weathered though, especially the top shrouds had a lot of the dark gunmetal chipped off and they looked more grimy.

I tried to make a draft of the costume for Infinity War (not the right pants, belt buckle, t-shirt and the hasbro helmet is cool but definitely too big). This is some pictures of the the first day of the movie. I will do everything to get it closer to the movie costume for Avengers 4. :)

View attachment 814317View attachment 814318
View attachment 814319View attachment 814320

Looks great!!
If you could let me know where you got your jacket please. Thx!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's some detail shots of the Star Lord costume at MoPop in Seattle...

Attachments

• mopop-starlord- - 10.jpg
    mopop-starlord- - 10.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 270
  • mopop-starlord- - 9.jpg
    mopop-starlord- - 9.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 339
  • mopop-starlord- - 8.jpg
    mopop-starlord- - 8.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 233
  • mopop-starlord- - 7.jpg
    mopop-starlord- - 7.jpg
    615.3 KB · Views: 230
  • mopop-starlord- - 6.jpg
    mopop-starlord- - 6.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 247
  • mopop-starlord- - 5.jpg
    mopop-starlord- - 5.jpg
    632.7 KB · Views: 200
  • mopop-starlord- - 4.jpg
    mopop-starlord- - 4.jpg
    584.7 KB · Views: 229
  • mopop-starlord- - 3.jpg
    mopop-starlord- - 3.jpg
    557.1 KB · Views: 223
  • mopop-starlord- - 2.jpg
    mopop-starlord- - 2.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 227
  • mopop-starlord- - 1.jpg
    mopop-starlord- - 1.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 229
Those who bought the white sheep leather jacket, is it tight at the waist area? Mine is like that and since it’s fake leather and codora, I can’t stretch it out. I got the standard medium and my waist is 37”. Thanks

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back