The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

I didn’t get custom fitting ,just the standard medium. I asked them how long it will take to get the jacket and that said 15-18 Days from when I ordered it ( I ordered the jacket on the 5th which was Friday) so I might get it this week end or sometime next week. No other updates or pics .

Please do post pics when you do. I'm interested in the fit especially. So,if you can, tell us how far your measurements were from the medium size and how the actual product fits.(As in if medium is 36-40 chest, and your measurement is 38, does the jacket fit perfectly across the chest or is it tight/loose). Thanks! I'm ordering next week

VinXero, Did you get the jacket? I’m waiting for mine and it should arrive by wed and no later than sat ( supposably since they said 15-18 days)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone! There some amazing content on here and it has helped me so much! Although I have been a member here for a while, I am still fairly new to REALLY getting into replica costume and prop making. I am thinking of buying the DannyLoupuz jacket and I was wondering, how would any of you recommend weather it up to make it look darker, as well as adding the fade on the back of it? I would really appreciate any help that you could give me!

Hello again everyone! Figured I’d show/share

I stumbled across a company known as “ubestcosplay” some time ago because of their guardians of the galaxy pieces they had- in particular their Vol 2 jacket.

I searched around for some reviews, but couldn’t find anything on them.

So I said screw it and rolled the dice

And I’m SO GLAD I did!

The jacket was only 87~ bucks. And that was TAILORED to my custom specifications (I’m 6’2, 180~ pounds, thin but broad shouldered. Finding -anything- from China to fit me is a nightmare. I’m often a XXXl or larger, often with hilarious results). I paid a little over 100 dollars for it with express 2 day shipping.

So how was it?

See for yourselves-

https://imgur.com/a/vzS8Z

Sorry for the dim lights in some of the pictures, I’d just gotten the jacket (I missed the fed ex truck so I had to drive to the hub after dark to get it. Couldn’t be bothered to wait another day haha). I can take some more on request.

But yea- not too shabby in my opinion. It’s NOT perfect. If you held a gun to my head: A few stray threads here and there, the “straps” on the wrists were a bit of a joke (I actually removed them), and the 2 buttons at the bottom and the piece on the shoulder aren’t *perfectly* lined up (but you’d never know unless you were inspecting it close!).

But for 80 bucks? I’m SUPER happy with the jacket. The pictures speak for themselves- it’s not 110% screen accurate, but it’s pretty damn good- and has a LOT of amazing detail for the money.

If you’re on a budget- I think this is a damn solid choice.

Wow, they found the hardware for the right shoulder. Or they made it from scratch (not likely). I'm impressed.

Yeah, I bought one of their jackets second hand for real cheap ($60!) to use parts off it and get a better jacket. I’m sure the jacket itself would look pretty nice once modded, but alas I’m not a fan of the pleather they used. Other than that, I think it’s a solid option on a budget and MUCH more accurate in detail than most of the eBay leather jackets you see. Mine was also a bit small, but hey, can’t beat $60!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jacket arrived and it is AMAZING.

No, I messaged them on facebook for tracking. I ordered through paypal/facebook too.

Watched the video and the jacket looks awesome. Can’t wait til I get mine. Hopefully I won’t need to weather mine. I’m not good at that.

Last edited:
Wow, they found the hardware for the right shoulder. Or they made it from scratch (not likely). I'm impressed.

e97dce3e9124659ad6a70233f1716de5.jpg

Here’s the hardware on that shoulder from the Ubest jacket by the way. It’s made out of some metal, almost looks like different hardware put together, like a button snap almost or something (I’m far from any hardware expert to guess what it is specifically) but thought I’d show for the record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27459977_1965534930432008_8754891552888752019_n.jpg

Hey guys! Thought I'd share, just did my first try at 3D printing stuff! I decided to start with Star Lord's pins in Vol 2. I tried to go with accuracy, but there seem to be different models going around, so I just went with some reference pics I found and liked. I modeled both pieces in Zbrush! :)

Still no jacket StarLord78? I think I'm going with standard large but am interested to see your opinion of their weathering job. I want a good weathering look but I've never done it. So, if they do a pretty good job, Ill go with that and just improve it if I can. But if they mush paint all over it in blotches I'll need to get it non-weathered lol.

Still no jacket StarLord78? I think I'm going with standard large but am interested to see your opinion of their weathering job. I want a good weathering look but I've never done it. So, if they do a pretty good job, Ill go with that and just improve it if I can. But if they mush paint all over it in blotches I'll need to get it non-weathered lol.

Not yet. I emailed them last Sunday and was told it will be shipped in the Next week and will be provide a tracking number. I will definitely let you know my thoughts on it and everything. Hopefully the weathering will be good. I didn’t ask for any special requests, so I will get what ever they send me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back