The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

I just had to post this in here too as I know most of you will appreciate it :D

3bwfaVY.jpg

Brand New to cosplays and all but I bought a motorcycle and then proceeded to get the real leather starlord vol 2 jacket and shirt and belt buckle but the maroon motorcycle pants have eluded me thus far. The problem being is I am seeking functional motorcycle gear, and not something to gingerly walk around at cons in. If anyone has any information or advice on where to find/make/commission some real motorcycle starlord vol2 pants, that would be tremendously appreciated. I would absolutely love to roll up to infinity wars movie theatre in full gear and continue to wear to cons. End game is to repaint the bike as the blue/orange Milano with wispy starry paint and have my cat Simba dressed as rocket in a custom backpack I want to make with a clear dome top and ride around while he plays with a plush Groot and enjoys the views on the roads to cons and such. Thank you! And I'm new to this forum as well

Brand New to cosplays and all but I bought a motorcycle and then proceeded to get the real leather starlord vol 2 jacket and shirt and belt buckle but the maroon motorcycle pants have eluded me thus far. The problem being is I am seeking functional motorcycle gear, and not something to gingerly walk around at cons in. If anyone has any information or advice on where to find/make/commission some real motorcycle starlord vol2 pants, that would be tremendously appreciated. I would absolutely love to roll up to infinity wars movie theatre in full gear and continue to wear to cons. End game is to repaint the bike as the blue/orange Milano with wispy starry paint and have my cat Simba dressed as rocket in a custom backpack I want to make with a clear dome top and ride around while he plays with a plush Groot and enjoys the views on the roads to cons and such. Thank you! And I'm new to this forum as well

No offense, but as a fellow MC and cat-lover myself, please consider that the noise a motorcycle engines makes can be damaging to a cat's sensitive ears. And unless the cat has been trained for it, having it riding on a bike, with all the instability, leaning, swerving and so on, can be horribly distressing for the animal because of their very delicate balance sense. (Dogs are more robust in that sense, and usually more adventurous.) Also consider that in the event you should get into an accident, even a minor one, the likelihood of your little friend surviving would be very slim. If you're really set on it and your cat is psychically OK with it... maybe look into side-car options as an alternative to a backpack.

That said... if you're looking for safe and durable MC gear, I would contact a serious custom manufacturer of MC gear. Don't use the "cheap" leather places that do movie jackets, because they have zero knowledge on how to properly make seams durable and safe. Just having the pants made out of leather isn't enough if you go for a 200 yard slide on the asphalt.. you want proper double-stitching with abrasive backing that can take some punishment.

You can always use Moto pants and convert them
c3e091b3855d11b3532d9ee43297c1cf.jpg
02b41100ef15fdbe656f4fab4afe3c22.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Where can I buy the zippers that was used on the jacket and pants from the first movie. Also looking for the rivets used on the white sheep leather jacket. Thanks
As I know, only directly from the factory in china via mail-order. The company is called KCC-zippers. Someone on here sold them, too. But don´t know if that is still up to date..

Do you have any links to the motorcycle pants? I've seen the photos everywhere with no leads to any actual site where I can buy them

There are lots of moto-pants that have the accordian knee that looks close-enough.

A lot of us used these in the beginning, way back during GOTG1. The logos and the pack on the side come right off with a seam-ripper. If you do order them, pay attention to sizing. They tend to run small due to being asian sizes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-ARMOR...m58b16e2b26:m:mW0lAKS9AJi-ZDpBXL-Glfw&vxp=mtr

There are lots of moto-pants that have the accordian knee that looks close-enough.

A lot of us used these in the beginning, way back during GOTG1. The logos and the pack on the side come right off with a seam-ripper. If you do order them, pay attention to sizing. They tend to run small due to being asian sizes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-ARMOR...m58b16e2b26:m:mW0lAKS9AJi-ZDpBXL-Glfw&vxp=mtr

Thank you, I have seen these before as well my only hang up is that in guardians 2 he switched it up to maroon these actually are my backup that I would get before I seeked out this forum to see if there are any out there closer to vol.2 style since he seems to be wearing them in infinity as well and assuming from here on out. I have been searching motorcycle pants for a few months now with no luck however.

My riding boots are also wearing thin, so I'm in the market for some good riding boots that are similar in asthetic if y'all find any post a link for me?

Do you have any links to the motorcycle pants? I've seen the photos everywhere with no leads to any actual site where I can buy them
Do you normally ride with leather pants ? I live in Florida so unless it's a track day full leather is out of the question, I do wear biker gear, not sure what you are looking to do

Doesn't have to be leather material, just maroon motorcycle pants that look asthetically similar to vol.2 but again actual gear not just a costume

Doesn't have to be leather material, just maroon motorcycle pants that look asthetically similar to vol.2 but again actual gear not just a costume
Unlike other starlord cosplay guys my leather is goatskin leather custom, it's not a run , very durable but movable, white sheep leather makes one but it's stretch fabric, however they can make a full leather custom suit it'll just cost more.

Unlike other starlord cosplay guys my leather is goatskin leather custom, it's not a run , very durable but movable, white sheep leather makes one but it's stretch fabric, however they can make a full leather custom suit it'll just cost more.

Wow! Those pants look awesome! So you're saying this material is breathable? The ones from white sheep leather? I'll have to message them to see I can just buy the pants I only see them selling it as a suit but man this is the best thing I've seen in a long time! You're awesome for bringing this to my attention.

Wow! Those pants look awesome! So you're saying this material is breathable? The ones from white sheep leather? I'll have to message them to see I can just buy the pants I only see them selling it as a suit but man this is the best thing I've seen in a long time! You're awesome for bringing this to my attention.
These are from a company called manles however white sheep does sell them, I did airbrush them to look like that using black brown and darkred just added the Rocket Launchers today
56837e354bb6cccaf3cabfb99a5d6c6b.jpg

These are from a company called manles however white sheep does sell them, I did airbrush them to look like that using black brown and darkred just added the Rocket Launchers todayhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180320/56837e354bb6cccaf3cabfb99a5d6c6b.jpg

What would you say as a rider are the pros and cons between what white sheep leather is offering and what manles has listed as the cosplay pants, looking back at some movie pictures I think maybe manles is closer to the movie but then white sheep leather looks more
motorcycle gear. But I can't tell too well

What would you say as a rider are the pros and cons between what white sheep leather is offering and what manles has listed as the cosplay pants, looking back at some movie pictures I think maybe manles is closer to the movie but then white sheep leather looks more
motorcycle gear. But I can't tell too well
It's all preference, if you go with white sheep you can go cordura or stretch, not sure the manless fabric,

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back