The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

That's the one i had my eye on, I saw it on ebay and alibaba. Its from China though and shipping estimates are widely varied, so i worry it wont get here before D*Con. I'll be interested o see pics when yours arrives.

Mine shipped pretty quick. I ordered it last Monday and on Wednesday I got a notice that it had shipped. It gave me a window of delivery between the 15th and the 29th. I need it by the 28th the latest. Though, I expect it wont take quite that long.

Hey guys I have been on the rpf for a little while now and I just saw Guardians of the galaxy last night and loved it. I did some research on the cassette exact used in the movie for the AWSOME MIX Vol. 1 & 2. I was able to get my hands on a few of them. I was wondering if anyone knows about the type of label used and/or where I could get one. Or how I could make the label myself and make it look good. Thanks.

20140728_182136-1-1.jpg20140728_182145-1.jpg

Here's the bag when worn with the jacket, btw. I got it to be a little looser than in this picture so that it hangs down lower. I'll get some better pictures later. These are a few weeks old.

I believe that is the same bag, considering I got the link for it on Grudgehammers thread.

Correct, that's the bag from the link in my thread.

And I would hope it's not a kindergarten classrom! Notice the dick drawing on the bottom right. This is after a party we had at our place so of course someone had to draw a dick on it. We were trying to find a way to break up 20ft tall ceilings we have in the living room, so we made a chalkboard banner for our parties. Works nicely!

Butting in with a shoe question--does anyone think a double layer of spats would work (a black layer underneath the brown to more easily get the "connected" look)? I was thinking of getting lower boots, with the outer brown layer (mostly) hiding the fact they're not connected to the black layer. That way I could get semi-close to what they look like without ruining a pair of boots (maybe).

Butting in with a shoe question--does anyone think a double layer of spats would work (a black layer underneath the brown to more easily get the "connected" look)? I was thinking of getting lower boots, with the outer brown layer (mostly) hiding the fact they're not connected to the black layer. That way I could get semi-close to what they look like without ruining a pair of boots (maybe).

The bottom of the shoe is from sketchers shoes the black leather on the back attaches to the shoe but only wraps half way around to the front. Then the brown front leather is riveted to the top of the shoe and then wraps toward the back over lapping the black leather. Now the shoe it's self had some custom work done but have Identified that the soles are that front sketchers shoe. You can look at my thread as I'm work in progress on them

The bottom of the shoe is from sketchers shoes the black leather on the back attaches to the shoe but only wraps half way around to the front. Then the brown front leather is riveted to the top of the shoe and then wraps toward the back over lapping the black leather. Now the shoe it's self had some custom work done but have Identified that the soles are that front sketchers shoe. You can look at my thread as I'm work in progress on them
I had thought it had been established that only the sole of the shoe was from the sketchers and that they custom made a boot with that sole?

I ended up buying this vinyl jacket for $10 from TradeMe (the New Zealand equivalent of eBay). It's not even close to perfect but for the price I think it'll work okay.

319442133.jpg

To all my fellow Starlordians that are bidding on those motorcycle pants....it is already up to $35.00 plus $15.00 for shipping = $50.00!!! I just bought a pair through Buy It Now with no shipping and should be getting them by Saturday. Just saying to watch those Bids!!!

Hey everyone. When I look at the short jacket, I believe it is made of leather and a red cotton twill. It looks to me the red twill has the screen printed pattern on it.I use cotton twill all the time and it looks identical. Leather arms and details on a twill (screen printed) jacket. Just my thoughts.

Has anyone been able to find/make a useable jacket pattern? Just curious as I'm trying to make one from scratch like many others.

The jacket pattern itself isn't that complex. I think a competent tailor could create a pattern that's pretty accurate. It's the mix of fabrics, custom screen pattern, special buckles and zippers, and details sewn under the leather that make it difficult to replicate.

I'm definitely going the way of making the jacket, to replicate the pattern I'm thinking a custom fabric printing service like spoonflower, which offers cotton twill. Bellow is the test I did quick.
http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/3416119
Double checking I can see my pattern is real inaccurate, but the general sawtooth/triangle pattern seems correct. Unfortunately getting the reflective quality will take embossing/printing onto already red fabric.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back