The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Hiya mate, you don't happen to have that open boot pic do you?

Culled from Chris Pratts FB page

10608617_819068374791660_6927927531284562407_o.jpg

what ebay pants are those mate?

These are the pants I've been talking about. If they did a few things they would be okay. Some pattern adjustments, material selection, alter the knee. They will custom size as well, in fact they were eager to get my sizes but I told them I had the see the pants from all sides and see how the knee bent first.

Anyways...

Listing: Guardians of The Galaxy Star Lord Peter Quill Cosplay Pants Size L

Seller: human_go

Not too shabby. Just be careful with your purchases. Many of these HK based costume sellers make everything extremely smaller from the standard sizes as they quote. This holds true for their "custom" made designs as well.

Not too shabby. Just be careful with your purchases. Many of these HK based costume sellers make everything extremely smaller from the standard sizes as they quote. This holds true for their "custom" made designs as well.

Yeah, that's what I experienced with the synthetic motorcycle pants that were being recommended around here. They just like to cut slim or something. But with the lack of choice, what can you do? Unless someone else start selling Star-Lord pants or a kit or something it's gonna be the china-shops providing.

And it looks like I'll have to send another message for them to post the other pictures. I'm not buying pants I only seen the front of...lol.

Here's what I have so far! I have to repaint the helmet, but the lens are on-point from Risu!

• The trench coat, spats and short jacket is from Danny Lopuz.
  • The blaster nozzles, rocket buttons, belt buckle and belt rings are from Nova Props.
  • The helmet is from Crank79.
  • The Walkman is real, and does play the official tape!
  • The bag kit is from Soulinertia. Assembled by my good friends Hawk and Kim Worley.
  • Hawk and Kim also made my pants. I will redoing them with them again. Not a accuracy thing, just a comfort thing (and to add zippers.)

C2E2 2015 by TK9336, on Flickr

So, repaint the helmet. Redo the pants a bit and add the Star Lord Maan zippers. I do have a orb but its in two and the magnets don't totally work. I might add nozzles to the gun but I based it off the stunt blasters (and add a actual carbon fiber wrap and extended handles.) I need to add the collar on the shirt and mesh panels. I do need to shorten the bag strap and add the cross strap as well.

Also, lose a **** ton more weight! Thats the biggest WIP of them all, lol.

Thanks for all the help I've seen in this thread!

add the Star Lord Maan zippers. I do have a orb but its in two and the magnets don't totally work. I might add nozzles to the gun but I based it off the stunt blasters (and add a actual carbon fiber wrap and extended handles.) I need to add the collar on the shirt and mesh panels. I do need to shorten the bag strap and add the cross strap as well.

I have been looking really hard at that short-jacket. And I think you're the first I've seen with one.

How do you like it? Worth it? Comfortable? Does it get hot? As hot as say a full leather jacket?

How do you feel about long-term durability? Do you think it will hold up? How about the construction quality?

Any complaints?

Sorry if that's a lot of questions. I am just very very interested in that jacket.

17349218831_baa231e559_z.jpg

At first I was stunned by the looks! By any chance you're the twin brother of Chris Pratt? :lol

Holy...Good job in assembling the entire trench coat cosplay TK9336

Aesome! :cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all,

I figured I'd share my recent purchase from eBay seller diyidongman20122012 (http://www.ebay.com/usr/diyidongman20122012?_trksid=p2047675.l2559).

yWP1vgul.jpg

m1bj3XMl.jpg

pyyI95Nl.jpg

cmE0u83l.jpg

Qae9SuVl.jpg

Overall I like it. It feels solid; no wobble whatsoever. I wouldn't think twice bringing it to a convention.

My only gripes are:

• It needs to be repainted (I hate the yellow they used)
  • It's a little snug and I feel I already have a small head. If I don't remove the rear padding, my nose is crushed against the front of the mask.
  • The eyes are too small. It's hard enough to see out of them and I feel it's a noticeable difference from the one used in the movie.

I might cut out the eyes and replace them with something larger in the future, but for now I'm content.

For future reference, does anyone have any advice for how I would cut out the eyes? I have no experience with this material and I don't know if it would crack if I tried to cut larger holes into it with a hole saw.

It would be best to take the slow and steady approach. First thing you would do is look for an eye kit so you have the new bezels and know exactly how big they are. Then when you are ready I would use a dremel tool to grind the openings bigger. Using a hole saw might cause some damage that you would then need to repair.

Its been a little while since I updated my Build diary but I wanted to share my latest addition to my collection...

I know its not screen accurate but its essentially my own version of the projector:

11143549_1046475308714835_8230909472988330713_n.jpg11215111_1046475415381491_1157562121701827904_n.jpg22499_1046475485381484_1930663483658851576_n.jpg

I may actually print a clear from for it and install LEDs but for now I at least have a prop.

Hello!

Am rather late to the party and I apologise profusely if this has been answered multiple, multiple times!

I'm strongly thinking about doing a Star Lord cosplay, albeit on a budget and with minimum skill (I couldn't even venture an attempt to make some of the awesome props shown throughout this thread.)

With this in mind, what do people think is the best eBay jacket options? I've scoured this threat but couldn't see a definitive answer. Any help on this (or just general tips for all aspects of this costume) would be MASSSIVELY welcomed and appreciated!

right.....I've had a few quotes to make the trousers, now i would like to know if anyone on here has had the trousers made, preferably in the UK but anywhere to be honest, just interested in how much it cost you. TK9336 interested in how much yours cost too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fan Expo Dallas is this weekend, so I'm in crunch time trying to finish my costume! A few things to update!

Super polished my cold cast pieces

20150514_092622_zpsdegxwrc9.jpg

MrGreene blasters with hydro dipped grips

20150329_134203_zpsrwqc1cxc.jpg

Bigturc's gravity mine

20150505_092149_zpszgsvbxds.jpg

Danny's jacket, still to be weathered

20150414_093308_zps3byyrozc.jpg

Reworking the belt and boots/spats today and tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back