The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Ive a question for those of you who have built the helmet in two parts. I tried the magnet thing, its not working out for me, so what other inventive ways have people come up with to hold the back piece to the front while your wearing it. Id really appreciate your ideas at this point
What helmet do you have? What kind and how many magnets did you use?

What helmet do you have? What kind and how many magnets did you use?

I have one of MDuckett's Helmets, as for the magnets I was using Super Magnets

I had it set up that there was 3 magnets each side of the front and back piece, lined up so they would snap together however after I had used JBWeld to secure the magnets they didnt seem to have the gripping power they had before.

Yea, they have the best selection out there. I'm getting the magnets for my orb and belt buckle from them as well.

To put the magnets in the helmet, I recommend gluing one in with super glue, then covering it with 5 minute epoxy. Then with the helmet all taped together, set the second magnet in stuck to the first and cover it in epoxy, being careful not to get the epoxy on the first magnet. Repeat that for as many sets as you need to hold it together.

For all those making the lids for the Star Lord Helmet, well, I'll just throw this one here, maybe someone posted it before, but...

53e522081f6ff-1.jpg*1

Lids are Acrylic Dark Blue as it seems (With some mini squared mesh from the inside, just like the one used in windows that prevent insects or something like that).

Not sure why most people would go with red lids though when you can install the LED lights around them.

Reference
: Original Marvel Website*1

Is there anything on Starlord that doesn't need magnets? Helmet? Rocket boosters? Rocket booster controls? Element blasters? Element blaster holsters? Belt? Belt buckle?

Perhaps Starlord IS a magnet!!!!:D Chick magnet!:unsure

Just watched the gag rreal there are tons of great shots of his flight suit if anyone can get screen caps

I was wondering on people opinion I'm going to get a leather version of his main jacket till I have the budget for the screen priTed twill and I was thinking when I can afford it could I just apply the twill onto Of the jacket or should I hack it apart?
Thanks

So once the holidays are over, I'll be getting back into working on my build. I've found a friend with an airbrush, but now I can't find what paint to use in it. Anyone have some suggestions for what paint to use to airbrush the blasters? A good silver/chrome and then the purple/blue heat weathering.

I made this up the other night when I had an hour to spare. Probably not entirely accurate but it's fairy close. The letters will have to written in with pen if you use it on a tape, and the black section will need to be cut out. It also needs to be scaled. Do what you wish with it!

15871915718_f3b9b0f311.jpg

I made this up the other night when I had an hour to spare. Probably not entirely accurate but it's fairy close. The letters will have to written in with pen if you use it on a tape, and the black section will need to be cut out. It also needs to be scaled. Do what you wish with it!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7570/15871915718_f3b9b0f311.jpg

It should be white or a off-white. The yellow on the album picture, that's from lighting.

You can see the label clearly in the walkman when he starts it in the Morag temple, and when 'OOH Child' starts playing, you can see it for like 2 seconds.

Here's a topic on the officially released tape also. There's a pretty good pic of the writing on the tape label.

http://www.therpf.com/f78/guardians-galaxy-soundtrack-cassette-229373/

Otherwise, cool. The prop-tape I have right now, the red bars are slanted ever so-slightly and it's yellowed too. I need to correct it. Basically it should look like the official release tape label, except the official release label is slightly smaller around the perimeter than the movie tape.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back