The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Modeled up a rocket controller tonight.

rocketcontroller.jpg

That looks really cool!
NACZ3 unfortunately I haven't had any luck finding the actual snaps yet. Based on their use everywhere from the jacket, to the pants, to the bag, and on virtually every other costume in the movie, I'd say they're pretty strong. Some of them were placed in some areas that would need a really strong hold or they would pop open constantly. Whatever they are, they're probably pretty high end and undoubtedly expensive/bulk order only like the zippers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if the top and bottom sections of the blasters are parallel, or if the bottom is at a slight angle upward?

Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 11.05.26 AM.png

Last edited:
The GotG characters were at Disney World only for their Villains Unleashed event. They did a similar event last year that was included in park admission and was mammothly swamped with people, this was a separate, ticketed event at Hollywood Studios. Sounds like it was still very crowded but much better, and based on the popularity of both it sounds like they may make this a regular, more-nights thing (like the Mickey's not so scary Halloween and the christmas shows). Under their previous agreement Universal has the rights to use any Marvel characters at their theme parks from before the Disney-Marvel purchase, but since they never used anyone from GotG they are free game for Disney to use.

In any case, this link has some good images of the Star-Lord that was there (supposedly the villains had stolen the Awesome Mix tape, which is why he and Gamora were in attendance). Many of his props look fantastic, but I had to laugh when I saw even they couldn't get the proper walkman or headphones...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2014/...st-time-as-walt-disney-world-welcomes-marvel/

Picked this up from hdtheater today for my helmet while it's on display.

20140828_175556-1_zpsjovkbsdd.jpg

Just needs to be primed and painted... and there's the little matter of actually finishing the helmet :lol

Attachments

• 20140828_175556-1_zpsjovkbsdd.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 20140828_175556-1_zpsjovkbsdd.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited by a moderator:
nice jacket....closer to the movie.....but you should look at the STAR LORD BLASTER on ebay now.....biddings at 177.00.....and rising....has plasma blue and sound...very nive but pricey!

nice jacket....closer to the movie.....but you should look at the STAR LORD BLASTER on ebay now.....biddings at 177.00.....and rising....has plasma blue and sound...very nive but pricey!

Wow, that is one expensive Nerf Blaster. Sad thing is if you are using this for a costume then you need to commision a second! ;)

Anyone figured out workable boot options? I know someone sourced the sketchers that were used as a base for the movie boot, but since they're a mostly custom-job aside from the sole and I don't know how to stitch 'em I'm trying to come up with alternatives.

Anyone figured out workable boot options? I know someone sourced the sketchers that were used as a base for the movie boot, but since they're a mostly custom-job aside from the sole and I don't know how to stitch 'em I'm trying to come up with alternatives.

Probably not that helpful, seeing as I'm a lady, but I found the boots I'm gonna' use as a base just browsing Amazon. I picked them because the soles looked more sporty and they didn't have an extra heel or anything crazy, and they'd be perfectly passable with the half chaps put over them and the rockets added. The only thing in men's sizes I've found similar tho are shorter work boots or rubber boots. You could honestly probably get away with just wearing the Sketchers and adding the chaps, since the pants are also dark?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back