The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Having been through alot of these websites for costuming and dealing with Captain Jack Sparrow items I can tell you that there are probably 2-3 production houses in Kurachi, Pakistan, Hong Kong, and China that all make the same items and distributes them throughout all the different "costuming" websites. As you can see from the Star Lord short jacket that it was made in Kurachi, Pakistan (my invoice stated it originated in that country) and everyone has a storefront. Some are lazy in their marketing and simply use the stock photo while others create new photos. Some other companies steal the photos and use it for their owns stock. Look at eBay now. It is riddled with this jacket with prices ranging from $50.00 all the way up to $189! One made from pleather and if you are lucky you can find it made of real leather. Cosplaysky is another one of the sellers that gets most of their items from Hong Kong or China because textile industries are a dime a dozen in those countries. Items tend to run much smaller than advertised or too large. If you get a custom made item I recommend going into a tailor and getting truly measured. A 44 Long may not be a true 44 Long and your jacket will be too tight. I have experienced this with Indiana Jones jackets that come from Pakistan.

I'm not bashing these sellers but simply saying to keep an open mind when you get the urge to purchase. Contact others that have made the purchase OR do the custom build.

Well either I missed Starlord and Gamora or Disney Information has no idea what they are talking about. Innovations closed at 6:00pm and I didn't get there until 5:45pm. I talked to several CMs that just came on and they stated the Starlord and Gamora are part of Captain America and Thor appearances and they mix up their times with those characters. They were out during the GotG showing at Captain EO theater back in the beginning of August. Other CMs stated that they only made an appearance for that week GotG was opening.

I am going back again in two weeks and will hound the CMs and Leads at Innovations to see if it can be confirmed unless other soCal types go to DLR. Please confirm if you can.

I can tell you for sure that Disneyland does not currently have star lord and Gamora. Nor where they there when
The preview opened. They are in the planning stages, but that is all.

So I'm sure you've all read about Chris Pratt's recent hospital visit and seen pictures him being the generally awesome person that he is, but I hadn't seem many pictures of him in his Starlord outfit. Well, though some reverse image searching, I've found some really nice pictures of the visit.
http://www.movieforkids.it/news/chris-pratt-star-benefica-per-far-sorridere-i-bambini/19619/
Have any of you seen good pictures of the back though (of the coat or vest)? I still haven't had any luck on that front, so if you come across any I'd love to see them!

Has anybody tackled the rocket boot switches yet? To me they look like either an mp3 player / 4 button key fob / remote of some kind. Just has that center black enter button and 4-directional pad look to it. I'm looking for a match.

Also - I guess the answer here is both, but I'm trying to decide how to wire my switches to the LED boots. In the opening scene and the escape it looks like hit hits one, not both, thigh switches and both boots fire. When he slaps one set on Gamora though he only pushes one button and only the rocket on her fires....... Hmmmm....

View attachment 367621

Making the controller itself out of 3/8 inch aluminum, hafta round the edges and add detail. The base is 0.06 aluminum, should bend nicely to contour the leg. That way I can have something inside the 3/8 inch block that lights up, supported underneath by the bas buckletemplate.jpgjetcontro.jpg

Wow that was great that he visited the kids at the hospital dressed up as Star Lord, im sure that brought alot of smiles on the kids faces :)

So I'm sure you've all read about Chris Pratt's recent hospital visit and seen pictures him being the generally awesome person that he is, but I hadn't seem many pictures of him in his Starlord outfit. Well, though some reverse image searching, I've found some really nice pictures of the visit.
http://www.movieforkids.it/news/chris-pratt-star-benefica-per-far-sorridere-i-bambini/19619/
Have any of you seen good pictures of the back though (of the coat or vest)? I still haven't had any luck on that front, so if you come across any I'd love to see them!

It's already been posted in another thread (and on filmjackets.com's forum) that the jacket zipper is from or pretty much a match for the Waldes classic zipper:
http://www.waldes.co.jp/classic2.html

I was browsing their site and saw these magnetic snaps/clasps. I was thinking they could be used to attach the control pods to the legs. There are a couple pictures of the pants without the pods attached and it looks like similar snaps may have been used.
http://www.waldes.co.jp/maghook2.html

Similar ones on Amazon.com. I'm still looking for antique brass colored ones similar to the picture below. Thinking of the 14 mm ones. May buy a couple of the silver ones to see how strong they are.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005T7ODLQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AWVPKPSWMTPBA

Pictures of control pods offIMG_2857.jpg

Last edited:
You could get a brown tinted leather conditioner like Pecard's. Rub some of that in and it should darken it up.

The KCC one is more accurate, it has the right shape to the slider.

Also, the magnetic snaps on the Waldes site aren't the right ones. The correct snaps have a flat cap, which most don't have, and the pieces that mate together are a 1/4" wide nub on the bottom half with a ring that goes around it on the top half.

I just recently saw it and I can't remember what year the movie started in, but your best bet to finding an accurate Walkman is maybe searching by the year.
Sorry if this post is redundant and if someone has already posted a similar post.

Excelent point
Plus has anyone figured out how the guns hold or attach to the holsters?
Sorry again if this has already been asked, I kind of sped read through the blog to this point.

Hey, new to this thread, I find 2 sellers on Etsy that sell the short jacket and was wondering if anyone had bought or knows what they're actually like? Both sellers offer it in faux leather and real leather and I was wondering whether it's worth paying the extra money since I'm going to mod the jacket anyway?

Links to both sellers: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/199668078/guardians-of-the-galaxy-chris-pratt-star?ref=favs_view_3
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/200314239/new-guardians-of-the-galaxy-handmade?ref=favs_view_4
It's from the UK version of the site that I'm using so you'll probably have to convert the prices yourselves. Thanks for any help you guys can give me, will be using a lot of the stuff on this thread.

Excelent point
Plus has anyone figured out how the guns hold or attach to the holsters?
Sorry again if this has already been asked, I kind of sped read through the blog to this point.

Blasters held on by clips that are attached directly to holsters on the pants.
Profile.png

I saw there was no center snap once I zoomed in from my PC vs tablet. Any idea where to source those snaps.

The KCC one is more accurate, it has the right shape to the slider. Not as worried on screen accuracy for a hidden piece as with the function/holding strength.

Also, the magnetic snaps on the Waldes site aren't the right ones. The correct snaps have a flat cap, which most don't have, and the pieces that mate together are a 1/4" wide nub on the bottom half with a ring that goes around it on the top half.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back