The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Had anybody found anything good for the new gloves?

Maybe....

https://www.fjackets.com/buy/Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Star-Lord-Vol-2-Gloves.html

Star_Lord_Vol_2_Leather_Gloves__01727_zoom.jpg

Genuine leather for $40. I have never ordered from this site, so I can't speak to that.

Those look like a decent pair of gloves, but the red should be mesh and they're missing the molded rubber ridges on top of the last two fingers. There's another company on ebay that makes them with those two details, but they look like garbage.

Someone had one listed, I offered $75 and they accepted. Thinking they didn't research other ones already on sale in the $200+ range.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
My god...
I messaged a guy for a BM-12. Lowest he would offer was $120.
He kept telling me I had no idea of the prices and belittled me.

I searched and couldn't find it in this thread or on the internet, but does anyone have a screen cap for which album art they used for "Father and Son" when Peter is listening to his Zune for the first time?

Another Sony TPS-L2 Walkman clone!

I had fun with this one. It used to be a vintage Cybernet PS101 Mini Concert circa 1981. Just did a quick repaint on it. Still need to add the "WALKMAN" decal. It's larger than the Tpsl2, but I figure someone might want to gut it and put their phone inside. Overall it has a very similar appearance. I also Modified the headphones. Surprisingly they still put out great sound!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/GirlsofComicCon08/New uploads/20170519_093112.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/GirlsofComicCon08/New uploads/20170519_092943.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/GirlsofComicCon08/New uploads/20170519_092820.jpg

I just got one of those on eBay. Can you post a pic of it beside a TPS-L2?

I have a friend's party coming up in a few weeks and needed some pants on the cheap. After a 30 min dye bath, I think these $25 Moto Jeans turned out OK. (they started out black):
16405245e27f0d5020d21d1b57f69830.jpg
f3997ec6c0840557ee05fa291a662eae.jpg
0a81af8e7463ad8147e558c4875c1b03.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Not too bad, although having seen the real ones up close, you definitely went a little too red. One of the fabrics and one of the leathers on his pants are red, one of the fabrics in sort of a stone color, and the other 5 fabrics and leathers are all brown. It looks like they've done a bit of a wash over them with dye or paint that has a mix of brown and red to sort of blend them together, and they also pretty heavily treated the red leather to mute it down.

Does anybody know if there's any market for the Nerf blasters that came out with the first movie? I'm going to 3d print some guns, so I don't need the Nerfs anymore, thinking of selling them.

Last edited:
Not too bad, although having seen the real ones up close, you definitely went a little too red. One of the fabrics and one of the leathers on his pants are red, one of the fabrics in sort of a stone color, and the other 5 fabrics and leathers are all brown. It looks like they've done a bit of a wash over them with dye or paint that has a mix of brown and red to sort of blend them together, and they also pretty heavily treated the red leather to mute it down.

Does anybody know if there's any market for the Nerf blasters that came out with the first movie? I'm going to 3d print some guns, so I don't need the Nerfs anymore, thinking of selling them.
Hmm, thanks for the heads up. I have some brown dye left, so could do a quick soak for like 5-10 mins to tone it down a bit. They definitely a lot darker IRL though.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Did the Hot Toys figure come out already? If so, did anybody get one? I haven't had any luck finding any reference pictures for the back of the pants, so failing reference from the real thing, can anybody take a picture of the back of the Hot Toys pants?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back