The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Made some changes to the buckle and re-printed it. Mold box built and first half of silicone poured. Forgot to take a picture.

Ahoy me Star Lordians! I will be going to Disneyland tomorrow and will be asking a particular "Disney" Star Lord to lift up his jacket so that I may get a photograph of the belt! Will see if he complies! Maybe I'll wear my jacket so he sees we are brethren!

See if you can get any info on the bag as well. Apparently he carries one around. :)

Yea, that would be helpful. I'm still kind of confused on where the pockets are on the bag. There's some stuff going on on the underside as well that can't be seen very clearly.

Also, if he's being super forthcoming, a shot of the lining of the jacket, like held open in the light, would be incredibly helpful.

I some how doubt that the Disney park costume is anywhere close to as detailed at the movie version. Usually they are dumbed down for comfort.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

And photos of the bag. So many photos. There cannot be too many.

Yea, that would be helpful. I'm still kind of confused on where the pockets are on the bag. There's some stuff going on on the underside as well that can't be seen very clearly.

Also, if he's being super forthcoming, a shot of the lining of the jacket, like held open in the light, would be incredibly helpful.

Better yet, can you just knock the actor out, strip him down and get photos/info of the stuff? Thanks. :lol

I some how doubt that the Disney park costume is anywhere close to as detailed at the movie version. Usually they are dumbed down for comfort.

I beg to differ (not me in the photo).

10506671_1489479621294499_1494082405433364133_o.jpg

Where have you seen that there are GotG characters at the parks? There was a single dance party event yesterday, but is there somewhere that says they'll be around more?

Has anybody tackled the rocket boot switches yet? To me they look like either an mp3 player / 4 button key fob / remote of some kind. Just has that center black enter button and 4-directional pad look to it. I'm looking for a match.

Also - I guess the answer here is both, but I'm trying to decide how to wire my switches to the LED boots. In the opening scene and the escape it looks like hit hits one, not both, thigh switches and both boots fire. When he slaps one set on Gamora though he only pushes one button and only the rocket on her fires....... Hmmmm....

53e5294ccdf3d.jpg

Because the "4 buttons" aren't arranged up/down/left/right, I'm not so sure it's a remote. I would be more inclined to think it's a model part.

As for the one button/both buttons thing, I think the only real answer for that is "It's a movie". Probably the easiest way to rig them up would be to run a wire down the inside of the pants with a connector that can plug into the inside of the boot through another hole at the bottom of the pants. I don't know how worthwhile the effect would be though, you'd probably barely see the light during the day, and LEDs don't exactly look rocket-booster impressive in the dark.

Has anyone ordered their Star Lord jacket, or other jacket, from leathersclub.com? It looks like they have the same facets style and have 2 additional listings for the ravager jacket from the end of the movie and the long coat but no actual product photos.

Last edited:
Has anyone ordered their Star Lord jacket, or other jacket, from leathersclub.com? It looks like they have the same facets style and have 2 additional listingservices for the ravaged jacket from the end of the movie and the long coat but no actual product photos.

I would love the 3rd jacket he wears! Maybe i'll just order it and see what i get...

Does anyone have any clue on the clip on the back of the walkman? Trying to figure out what kind it is to attach it to the belt.

So, leathersclub contacted me today by e-mail to let me know they update their trench coat pictures and, as I suspected, it's the same as the one from cosplaysky at almost double the price. So, it looks like this is going to be pretty standard regardless who you order it from. It looks like they've updated the jacket as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back