The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

GuardiansVol2-Kurt-Russell-Chris-Pratt.jpg 319763DA00000578-0-image-a-58_1457205614462.jpg
Youre right, I spaced. The Abalysk shirt is different but his second? It's not black. It's a purple blue. You see it during the talk with Ego in the bedroom. Forgot the opening shirt is different.

It's honestly hard to tell if it's black or midnight blue. Its an athletic wear fabric which means there is a sheen that can reflect colors other than black dependant on ambient lighting and of course bounce. It reads as both black and midnight blue from pic to pic.
rMzoME4WP1E.jpghfNdCK7rnbU.jpgeahdCYLZuoY.jpgrJxOBkFm_GE.jpg

There are two. The burgandy/purple one with the screen printing you posted about and the one quill wears with the short jacket. Just trying to work out wether it's midnight blue or black. I think either would work.

There are two. The burgandy/purple one with the screen printing you posted about and the one quill wears with the short jacket. Just trying to work out wether it's midnight blue or black. I think either would work.

The one in the pic where he is kneeling by the fire hydrant? Looks like a very dark blue to me.

It's honestly hard to tell if it's black or midnight blue. Its an athletic wear fabric which means there is a sheen that can reflect colors other than black dependant on ambient lighting and of course bounce. It reads as both black and midnight blue from pic to pic.
View attachment 729053View attachment 729057View attachment 729058View attachment 729059

reminds me of Spider-Man and Batman's costumes in the comics, sometimes it looks blue, but other times it looks black.
black and blue effecct.png

I think it's just a similar issue to the "gears shift" shirt and the vol.1shirts. They often appeared blue but were in fact grey.

Personally, I never had that issue with the VOL1 shirt. I always knew it was grey.

This shirt is harder to judge, especially since all those pics are differently lit. The hydrant pic seems to be the most natural light without anything like reflection from a blue screen or dark indoors affecting the color. And in that shot it looks dark blue.

I'm still thinkin about it. I love different parts from both movies (short jacket vol 2, rocket boots from number one, gears shirt). I think I'll end up doing a vol 2 with short jacket, this helmet, gears shirt, new boots, new pants. I have a drinkman I converted to a tpsl2 so that's taken care of, and since I'm on a budget I think I'll use the disguise blasters. Although I like how the Disney ones come in a set of two and have the fins, I think they're just too small. What about you?
I'm going the same route with the Gears shirt and Short Jacket because it is just such a nice look. But I did buy the disney store blasters, and although they are small, they're actually only 3 in. shorter than the Nerf Blasters. Also, as for the Audio device, I bought a realistic brand Radioshack cassette player that I'll be painting up, only problem with it is it'll be an inverse of the TPS L2. But it works so I'm ok with that. Also, I did purchase the zune from the movie, so I'm wondering how to work that in when I don't want to use the Cassette player.

I like the trench/scarf build, and you could use the same gear to do the shirt-only build like when he meets Ego.

But, still gotta finish up my VOL1. Maybe finally time to order the VOL1 short jacket from Danny now that he's doing the accurate zipper.

EDIT: Found this on ebay....

New VOL2 trench from the factories.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going the same route with the Gears shirt and Short Jacket because it is just such a nice look. But I did buy the disney store blasters, and although they are small, they're actually only 3 in. shorter than the Nerf Blasters. Also, as for the Audio device, I bought a realistic brand Radioshack cassette player that I'll be painting up, only problem with it is it'll be an inverse of the TPS L2. But it works so I'm ok with that. Also, I did purchase the zune from the movie, so I'm wondering how to work that in when I don't want to use the Cassette player.
It's funny cuz the zune was my first MP3 player! I used a Walkman till I was given that brown 30 gb zune so that joke was extra funny to me! So do you recommend going with the Disney blasters or buying individual disguise ones? Also where are you getting your jacket? I have a limited budget and don't know how to sow, I've seen some pretty good ones on eBay (not 100% screen accurate) like the superior leather one ($190). Although I've noticed you can get one that's the exact same except it's all one color (the lighter red) and no maroon and it's only $80.... idk man. Anyone have thoughts on this???

I'm looking to a good 3d print file for the walkman. I've seen some on the board here but no links to files. Does anyone have a good lead. Cheers.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back