The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Alright, I hate to be "that guy" but I have tried the search feature and I'm coming up empty, and I can't find any good reference material, so...

Has it been confirmed what the sole of the Vol. 2 boots are? Are they the same Sketchers sole as the first film? A different model Sketchers this time? Custom made?

I used the Skechers Diameter. All black is I believe the correct one. I couldn't get that due to my shoe size, so I got as close as I could for my first pair.

20170514_140744.jpg

Well, my Star-Lord costume is coming along slowly, but surely...
Just got off the phone with a friend of mine. Her dad has a Walkman he's willing to let me borrow. No idea if it's the TPS-L2, but I'd say the odds are pretty good it is. I should know for sure soon, they just have to find it.

Is this in response to my post? Are you nervous as well??? It looks super good for the price (aside from lenses and paint job), which makes me worry it'll be nothing like the pic. Also does your delivery say some time around June 6th-26th??? What up with that?

I used the Skechers Diameter. All black is I believe the correct one. I couldn't get that due to my shoe size, so I got as close as I could for my first pair.

View attachment 728742

Your VOL 2 shoes are Skechers Diameter-Zinroy, specifically. I was gonna use those before discovering only the brown color come in wide widths.

As far as I know no one knows exactly what Diameter they harvested the sole from since there are several models that have the all-black sole.. Most just end up using the regular black Diameter slip-on.

Last edited:
Is this in response to my post? Are you nervous as well??? It looks super good for the price (aside from lenses and paint job), which makes me worry it'll be nothing like the pic. Also does your delivery say some time around June 6th-26th??? What up with that?
Yep, I am a little nervous, but I'd say it's definitely worth the gamble for $50. And PVC is a great material, also is shapeable if it comes in the package kind of wonky looking. But the sip date makes sense since it is shipping from chine. Are you doing the Vol. 2 Look or a mix of both?

Has anyone heard of a prop maker making a Starlord helmet in a turning off version like on the Sideshow statue.....that would be great...to wear open all of the time

Has anyone heard of a prop maker making a Starlord helmet in a turning off version like on the Sideshow statue.....that would be great...to wear open all of the time
I'm actually working on a variant like that using my from-screen-modeled helmet kit as a base. The idea is to 3d print the "materializing" parts in transparent blue and have them light with leds.I'm just about done with "cutting" out the upper faceplate from the model, about to start modeling the blue parts.

I'm probably just going to modify the Hasbro one assuming it sits well and looks good. It'll be a really sturdy base, and just cut off the front of the mask and build onto it, then give it a paint job.

Yep, I am a little nervous, but I'd say it's definitely worth the gamble for $50. And PVC is a great material, also is shapeable if it comes in the package kind of wonky looking. But the sip date makes sense since it is shipping from chine. Are you doing the Vol. 2 Look or a mix of both?

I'm still thinkin about it. I love different parts from both movies (short jacket vol 2, rocket boots from number one, gears shirt). I think I'll end up doing a vol 2 with short jacket, this helmet, gears shirt, new boots, new pants. I have a drinkman I converted to a tpsl2 so that's taken care of, and since I'm on a budget I think I'll use the disguise blasters. Although I like how the Disney ones come in a set of two and have the fins, I think they're just too small. What about you?

Watching the movie again, I realized he only wears the gear shirt with the long coat (or without), and never the short jacket. He wears what looks like a plain black shirt with the same v-neck and chest piping under the jacket.

The headphones on the walkman also look different. Harder corners on the foam and yellow instead of orange. Could have been lighting, but you see it rather clearly when Ego picks it up.

Watching the movie again, I realized he only wears the gear shirt with the long coat (or without), and never the short jacket. He wears what looks like a plain black shirt with the same v-neck and chest piping under the jacket.

The headphones on the walkman also look different. Harder corners on the foam and yellow instead of orange. Could have been lighting, but you see it rather clearly when Ego picks it up.

Yeah he has 2 basic shirts. The opening purple one, which is used again with the short jacket. And a grey on that is only in the final scene. And yea the headphones are different cause they were recreated.

He does wear a plain black one with the same seam pattern with the short jacket. The burgandy one with the screen printing is only in the beginning up until the gears shift design

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back