The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Hi guys! Starting my Star Lord cosplay. I think I'm gonna go for the combo that is the gear shirt with the short jacket. I just ordered this off of ebay, I'm nervous it won't be as pictured. It says it is PVC and I got it for $30. Anyone ever get one? pics would be highly appreciated!!!
s-l500.jpg

Hi, everyone. So, I'm working on a Star-Lord cosplay. It's gonna be kinda low budget (at the moment. I definitely plan on making it better at some point), mainly because I'll be wearing it to visit sick children in the hospital, to cheer them up.

But, here's my question. Has anyone here found a good Baby Groot, one that I could have standing or sitting on my shoulder?
They sell a decent looking plush of him at Disney World (probably online too), which I might have to settle for (even though it's a bit undersized), but I just wanted to know if anyone here knew of a better option.

@FutureBoy96
I saw a vinyl Baby Groot at Walmart, wearing the Ravager suit, for about $19. It looked life-size. Not sure how one would mount it. Maybe you could stuff him halfway into a bag so he's peeking out.
hebrewersfan
That bundle is okay. Waiting to see what the litho will end up being. I kind of wish it was under $40. Also it's releasing Aug 11.

Last edited by a moderator:
@hebrewersfan
That bundle is okay. Waiting to see what the litho will end up being. I kind of wish it was under $40. Also it's releasing Aug 11.

Yea I'm a sucker for extras & whatnot, so I figured I'd order that and also ordered the tape on amazon, one to play, one to display with the Hot Toys Vol. 2 Star-Lord when that eventually comes. Interested to see what the lithograph ends up being as well (FYI: Code BEOURGUEST will take 15% off the bundle, won't get it to under 40 but takes a few bucks off)

Yea I'm a sucker for extras & whatnot, so I figured I'd order that and also ordered the tape on amazon, one to play, one to display with the Hot Toys Vol. 2 Star-Lord when that eventually comes. Interested to see what the lithograph ends up being as well (FYI: Code BEOURGUEST will take 15% off the bundle, won't get it to under 40 but takes a few bucks off)

I might just buy the vinyl for $30 minus that code.

Been looking at the Star-Lord jacket that Black Leather Jackets makes.
Noticed it has a choice of either the Vol. 1 jacket, or the Vol. 2 jacket, but only shows pics for one of them. The short one it shows would be the Vol. 1 version, right?

Man, I was really excited to see that Zune. I have two of the Halo 3 ones, which appear to be identical to the regular brown except for the spacey decals, which kind of lend themselves well to the theming of the movie anyway. Now I just need to get a pair of those headphones.

Man, I was really excited to see that Zune. I have two of the Halo 3 ones, which appear to be identical to the regular brown except for the spacey decals, which kind of lend themselves well to the theming of the movie anyway. Now I just need to get a pair of those headphones.
the headphone can be found on either Amazon or eBay for around $39.

Microsoft Zune Premium Earbuds Headphones X13-98836-02

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yea, I'm not thrilled about having to drop $40 on a pair of earbuds. Might hold off for a while, doesn't feel worth it.

Yea, I'm not thrilled about having to drop $40 on a pair of earbuds. Might hold off for a while, doesn't feel worth it.
yea, I was rethinking getting a pair as well. The Walkman was a signature piece of who starlord is, so I wonder if rocket will fix it and it will make a comeback...guess we will have to wait and see. [emoji106] [emoji6]

Alright, I hate to be "that guy" but I have tried the search feature and I'm coming up empty, and I can't find any good reference material, so...

Has it been confirmed what the sole of the Vol. 2 boots are? Are they the same Sketchers sole as the first film? A different model Sketchers this time? Custom made?

Alright, I hate to be "that guy" but I have tried the search feature and I'm coming up empty, and I can't find any good reference material, so...

Has it been confirmed what the sole of the Vol. 2 boots are? Are they the same Sketchers sole as the first film? A different model Sketchers this time? Custom made?
I believe they were custom made, but there is a model of sketches that are close....I'll find it when I get home and post....again, they are close and will require modded

This user took a pic......
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=219777&page=96&p=4242350&viewfull=1#post4242350

It is definitely a Skechers Diameter shoe sole. 100% confirmed.

There are several model of Diameter. All have the same sole shape. Some models/colors of Diameter have soles that are all-black, some are black with tan. You want all-black.

Personally, I wear the Skechers Diameter Murillo. It comes in wide-sizes and I like the laces since the regular Diameters are slip-on shoes that always slip up and down my heel when walking.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back