The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Little update on my buckle. Printed and primed.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408568596.621220.jpg

Whats up with the vest? Does he wear it at all in the movie? Ive only seen it in the pictures from that magazine article. Does he only wear it with the trench?

It normally goes under the trench coat, like Kevin and Thain said, but there's also a quick scene where he has the vest but not the coat. Right after he leaves Morag when Yondu calls him he's standing around wearing the vest and you get quick glimpses of the side and back details.

A keen eye will see that his earpiece is actually an implant. It's in his rap sheep in the lineup scene. I saw someone past that they were going to use something to fasten it to their ear (they didn't want their hair pulled out). I'm curious as to what exactly that stuff is. I'd like to have the ear piece in under the mask in case I want to remove it. That way I still look legit.

A keen eye will see that his earpiece is actually an implant. It's in his rap sheep in the lineup scene. I saw someone past that they were going to use something to fasten it to their ear (they didn't want their hair pulled out). I'm curious as to what exactly that stuff is. I'd like to have the ear piece in under the mask in case I want to remove it. That way I still look legit.

Depends on what it's made of and how heavy it is. If I remember, it has a red light. I was going to make one out of foam and a good spirit gum will hold it place just fine along the back of the ear, I would think, but I'll probably just shave the fine hairs from that area and apply it there.

Anyone found a decent screencap of the earpiece? I feel like that's simple enough for me to be able to model up.

It may not be an implant, as he removes it and places it behind Gamora's ear to save her life after her mining pod is destroyed.

It may not be an implant, as he removes it and places it behind Gamora's ear to save her life after her mining pod is destroyed.
That's what I was thinking as well, but I swore I saw something about an implant. Regardless, I can't see anything that goes over the ear to hold it on.

So for anyone that purchased an Peter Quill jacket from FJacket...how do you know if yours is true leather or faux leather? Just got mine and as I thought it faux leather!!! Heavy plastic smell when it came out of the bag. My understanding is that the leather jackets were $189.00 and faux leather was $149.00!

Does anyone know where I can get an accurate replica of the mix tape with the right tracks? Or what model of cassette tape it is so I can mix my own. Guardians-soundtrack.jpg

I'm going for it. I'm going to buy the trench coat. I've looked at enough reference pictures and while it isn't 100%, I'm going to ask them to remove the details on the bottom darker strip and add them myself. I'm going to sell my short jacket.

Before I pull the trigger, has anyone had any bad experiences with CosplaySky?

Did you order the trench coat after? I've been going back and forth about doing it since it was announced...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back