The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

So I'm genuinely curious... are his Blasters curved or not? In the one behind the scenes shot they def are but in almost everything else they don't seem to be.

The curved ones are probably just walkaround stunt guns that fit his legs better.

Ive seen the movie 3 times now and you can definitely tell in some shots that the blasters are curved.

The propmaster has said in an interview that they made slightly slimmer, different blasters for Pratt to use when they are holstered- I think one of the reasons stated was that it simply looked better and less clunky. There are lots of differences between the Vol 1 flats, Vol 2 flats and Vol 2 angled guns, not just that the lower barrel is at an angle. (The muzzles are quite different for example, and they each have three areas cut out on the side facing the leg when holstered.) The Vol 2 guns also have (at least one) removable power cell- the silver "nubs" in the back are part of it. (In my kit I made it so that you twist and lock it into place.) The smaller/curved versions seem to get as much, or maybe even slightly more screen time than the flat ones, but I've been told by a good source that even Vol 1 had different sized versions. In Vol 2, they even use the angled versions in several promo shots, such as the huge banner closeup of Quill and they are almost certainly smaller overall than the Vol 1 versions. (There's a good behind-the-scenes shot of Kurt Russel holding them and they are TINY in his hands.) The angled versions really do sit better against the leg though, which I discovered when I taped together the first copy of my new printed kit... no more catching on the trenchcoat when quick-drawing, lol. All that's really required is to swap out the grip between the flat and angled versions. At first I didn't really like the angled barrel, but it's growing on me... has kind of an organic feel to it.

angled2.jpg angled3.jpg angled6.jpg
(W-I-P renders... Haven't had a chance to photograph the finished, printed kit yet.)

I guess the better wording for my question would have been what is the "canon" version haha. They clearly have different ones, and as stated the first movie did. While the curved do show up, they don't seem to be the "real" ones used in the film in a story sense. Unless Peter is just randomly bringing two different guns with him. It makes sense to change them to sit better on him and be easier to move and use. I guess the correct question would be which is screen accurate that you guys plan to make hah

I guess the better wording for my question would have been what is the "canon" version haha.

At this point I kinda get the feeling that it doesn't really matter to Marvel. Just about all the high-res marketing material shows the angled guns, so those are the ones I chose to focus on when doing my Vol 2 kits, but as I wrote... most of the changes are easy enough to swap out as needed.
rezmark.png

So, I got the test prints of my metal pendants today. Here are a couple photos.

Original ( for reference):
pendant_org.jpg

My "screen accurate" version. Done in steel and bronze (should probably be brass, which is doable as well) in two separate parts that have to be pressed and glued together. The front and back are actually very different. I also did a "simplified" front-back mirrored version printable in sterling silver (insert) since I needed a fob for my pocket watch chain.
pendant_wheel.jpg

The "scrap" pendant, printed in bronze steel.
pendant_scrap.jpg

Overall I'm happy with the quality. The photos are of the "raw" prints- they really need a wash of black acrylic ink weathering to make the details pop more. A couple small tweaks and they'll be ready for ordering!

Added some subtle weathering to my metal pendants. (There's now an open run for them, as well as my Vol 2 angled Element Guns, in the "runs" section of the junkyard).

2-piece version with an added wash of black acrylic.
pend_1weath.jpg

Sterling silver version (less accurate and simplified for 1-piece casting) with a black wash and some gold paint added.
pend_2weath.jpg

Scrap pendant with a subtle black wash.
pendantB.png

I'm still working on the lapel communicator badge, but I think that will be a multi-part piece in steel/brass or silver/brass as well.

Pretty sure it was the original Zune 30. But it looked gray, was it black?
My Zune 30 looked pretty similar(had the circular Nav buttons). It was "black", though the finish had a frosted look that it looked like a dark grey most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I know that's a suuuper small thing, but can we maybe put a waiting period on discussing anything spoiler related for a least a little time?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back